it goes like this.

E --2--
B --3--
G --2--
D --0--
A --0--
E --2--

Im having lots of trouble fingering this chord, and i have no idea how to do it. i tried using my thumb, and it didnt work out. and it is VERY difficult for me to bar EB and G with my second finger. please help.
Play it like a regular D (1st finger G string, 3rd finger B string, 2nd finger E string) and then wrap your thumb up around the top of the neck to finger the second fret on the low E string.

Another option is to use 2nd finger G string, 4th finger B string, 3rd finger E string, and then your 1st finger up top on the low E string second fret to get that F#.

The only other realistic option is the fret the top three strings like previously mentioned (2nd 4th and 3rd fingers) and then wrap your thumb around. This one might give you some extra reach with your thumb.

Some people don't quite have the reach to get their thumb around the top of the neck to fret the low E string.
Last edited by PSM at Jul 30, 2008,
Pinky 3rd Fret High E String, Index on 3rd Fret B string, Middle on 2nd fret G string and Pointer finger on the F# which is the 2nd fret of Low E. Try that.
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
Quote by Trowa21
Pinky 3rd Fret High E String, Index on 3rd Fret B string, Middle on 2nd fret G string and Pointer finger on the F# which is the 2nd fret of Low E. Try that.

This is what I do, although I've never tried fretting the F# with my thumb. I'm going to try that.
E --2--Ring
B --3--Pinky
G --2--Middle
D --0--
A --0--
E --2--Index
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I play the B string with my little finger and then use my ring finger on the E string, then my swearing finger (I forget the real name) on the G string and my first finger onto the low E:

|-3--
|--4-
|-2-- - hope that helps.
|-----
|-----
|-1--

Lol didn't realise about 5 people got in before me.
yeah, i find it really hard to use my thumb. i cant get it down and its really hard to get the transition in time. same with all the other ones. this is one son of a bitch of a chord. i guess the only thing i really can do is barring the first 3 strings, or using middle and third finger on E and G strings
Quote by Guitar HERO27
yeah, i find it really hard to use my thumb. i cant get it down and its really hard to get the transition in time. same with all the other ones. this is one son of a bitch of a chord. i guess the only thing i really can do is barring the first 3 strings, or using middle and third finger on E and G strings

If you play much jazz or folk stuff, you better start practicing now!!! Haha, it's a good skill to acquire, though. Keep at it and it will eventually come naturally.
Quote by aaciseric
I play the B string with my little finger and then use my ring finger on the E string, then my swearing finger (I forget the real name) on the G string and my first finger onto the low E:

|-3--
|--4-
|-2-- - hope that helps.
|-----
|-----
|-1--

Lol didn't realise about 5 people got in before me.

I'd do that.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.