I want my sg and my amp to sound more like acdc! i have a Roland Street amp, epi g-400, and ds-1 boss distortion pedal. Can you tell me the amp setting and the pedal.
I use my amp clean and distortion from my pedal.
Format such as:
Bass:
Mid:
Treb:
Pedal distortion: 'o clock
pedal tone: ' o clock
efects: something:
and anythin else!
just set up the distortion and everything then dial it back as much as needed. dont set it miles to high but dont set it to low. just mess around with it and see what happens. AC/DC is not a very high dist band so a midlle area or lower setting should do. otherwise you may wanna just buy a decent Marshall amp as Angus doesnt use ANY pedals what so ever
Last edited by Engel22 at Jul 30, 2008,
To sound like AC/DC, you're going to need the same equipment. Especially the same amp.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Amp:

Bass: none
Mid: 9 o'clock
Treble: 4 or 5 o'clock
Reverb: just a little bit and I mean a little.

Pedal:

Just a little bit of distortion to get the fuzz. Maybe like 9'oclock. The treble makes it sound more distorted than it really is. Keep the tone at noon and tweak if necessary.

This should yield a pretty good AC/DC sound on the widest range of setups.
Regards,
PowrSlave
Quote by pepsi1187
a marshall and an sg is all youll need

i'm saving up for a marshall!
Angus Young of AC/DC
Gain - 5
Treble - 10
Mid - 10
Bass - 5
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by hatooku
i'm saving up for a marshall!

NOT an MG or AVT. This requires a real, all tube marshall. On a budget, I've heard the Peavey Windsor half stack is good (never tried it, I have tried the combo though, and it's quite good).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.