Well, we have a Relationship Thread, so why not a Friendship Thread? I suppose this will clean up the PIT a little bit anyway. So...friends - Sometimes you can't live with them but, more often than not, you can't live without them either. I've been blessed to have a few best mates in highschool and even before then. I really cherish those moments because I don't really have a best-friend anymore seeing as when you start education at a higher institution, everyone that you were close to before seems to disappear at another university etc. It striked me today that I really miss it. Of course, I have mates that I hang around with but those best friends you grow up with are entirely different. I would give my left leg to have that back again but in order to grow you have to say goodbye sometimes.

Now - fast forward to this present day, a few of my old best mates have come back to the country and have sent their regards to me after more than 10 years. I feel a little overwhelmed and it's so strange to see them back again, visiting. Some of my mates are married now with kids etc...I can't help but think that so much has changed. I felt quite a bit of nostalgia creeping up on me this morning when I got up - the friendship arguments, the split ups, the getting back on good terms, the period of boringness (when you felt that you and your mate have talked just about everything that you feel slightly bored with them now) - the lot. I don't know - it's weird!

So friendship stories etc...discuss
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jul 30, 2008,
My friends from my old school added me on Facebook...that was awkward.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Lol, nowadays we can meet old friends and its seriously simple
a) Either Facebook, Orkut
b) Maybe the time where all the old students come and hang around with each other (something starting with alum...)
c) Email

It's nice to know old friends are adding u!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by the1
Friendships are relationships... I don't see the point in this

agreed.
Quote by the1

Personally, I think they're complete opposites. A relationship is a romantic friendship whereas a friendship is not.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by the1

I don't see the point of you
RULE BRITANNIA
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Its something that I think about a lot now, I'm gonna be a junior in high school now and like it scares me to think that after i graduate i'm only gonna keep in touch with a handful of my friends =(
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
Its something that I think about a lot now, I'm gonna be a junior in high school now and like it scares me to think that after i graduate i'm only gonna keep in touch with a handful of my friends =(

Why? Keep in touch with those you want to keep in touch with. It's that simple.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why? Keep in touch with those you want to keep in touch with. It's that simple.

Easier said than done. You've got to appreciate your mates wanting to move on.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Easier said than done.

Why so?
Quote by af_the_fragile
Wow, cobain is really set on turning this into the corniest possible thread on UG!!

Why that color. It's burning my eyes!
I grew apart from all three of my original best friends. One moved to the other end of the country, another lives in Australia for a year and the last one spends all his time with his girlfriend. Gladly I got to know a lot of new people in the last two years. I'm also going to college in a few weeks, that'll help as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why so?

People go separate ways and forget each other. It happens naturally. Has happened to me more times than I can count and it has nothing to do with me or them not liking each other.
Quote by Craigo
People go separate ways and forget each other. It happens naturally. Has happened to me more times than I can count and it has nothing to do with me or them not liking each other.

Correct.

It's a shame but that's the way it's always been.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why that color. It's burning my eyes!

Cuz it burns your eyes!!!!
Buuuuurrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

And i can't tell much bout friendships.
I lost contact with almost all of my friends after graduating from high school.
Though i still know a few people who keep in touch n still hang around with their friends after finishing school, majority move to college and make new friends there.

Unless sometimes you end up not liking the people in your college and hardly make in friends there either...