'Cos I need a hand; I've recently started riding with a few friends, nothing serious but I would like to get my own bike and really get in to it.

I'm looking to spend around £300 on the bike, just somehting good that can take a few hits and won't fall apart straight away; so basically, go nuts. Any reccommendations would be really useful.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Look into GT/mongoose/diamondback,

I had a diamond back that is 7 years old and is still going strong, original tyres and everything. I also have a Mongoose 2004 pro series that I took apart.. 'Cause I intended to sell the frame. But it's currently sat in the shed, waiting for someone to buy it.
haro.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I've got Fit Team Trial.
Got it on sale for 260pounds at www.winstanleysbmx.com
It was a brilliant deal. Cuz i got my bike at like 40% discount. The original price of the bike is around 400pounds.

So yeah, look out for sales and check out that website. It does some really good deals.

And for good brands i'ld say:
Fit
Wethepeople
DK
S&M
are among the best.

Felt
Eastern
Mirra
Diamondback
Stolen
are decent brands.

Don't get mongoose. They're crap.

Look for a full cro-mo frame. While buying the bike. They're more expensive but they're stronger, lighter and will last your longer.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Jul 30, 2008,
Look for bike shops in your area, Don'y ask the pit.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Since you're just starting out, I think it'd be better if you just buy a complete instead of building your own. You can replace parts later on when you feel you really want to stick with it. Look into Fit, Subrosa, Verde, and We the people completes. They make good complete bikes are are fairly affordable. IMO, get a Fit Team Street. Nice geo, light, and pretty cheap (right around your budget).
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
GT is where it's at.

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Chopper Reid Of the Australia
FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by dandadog
Look into GT/mongoose/diamondback,

I had a diamond back that is 7 years old and is still going strong, original tyres and everything. I also have a Mongoose 2004 pro series that I took apart.. 'Cause I intended to sell the frame. But it's currently sat in the shed, waiting for someone to buy it.

mongoose are the greatest. gt arent made anymore. go with harro, hoffman, or dimondback. if you lucky youll find a gt.

EDIT: mongoose arent the greatest
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Last edited by koalabacon at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by LAGZO
Since you're just starting out, I think it'd be better if you just buy a complete instead of building your own. You can replace parts later on when you feel you really want to stick with it. Look into Fit, Subrosa, Verde, and We the people completes. They make good complete bikes are are fairly affordable. IMO, get a Fit Team Street. Nice geo, light, and pretty cheap (right around your budget).

Fit don't make street series anymore. Well they don't have any in the 07-08 range. I think they're bringing it back in the 09 range.
They just do Park and Trail right now.

Though the Street bike was pretty bad ass. It has no brakes so you need to be pretty experienced to ride brakeless.

Get a Fit Team Park. They're reasonable price and are really strong. Comes with pegs and gyro brakes. So you'll be ready to go as soon as you assemble it.