I was thinking about how I could improve my bass rig and an idea popped into my head so I was wondering if any users of the bass forum could confirm or deny if this is possible or wise or just insane.

I currently use a 300W Ashdown Mag combo amp and I was wondering if it is possible to put another head on top of the amp and play it through the same cabinet, I was thinking of having a Trace Elliot head and using an amp switcher to switch between them for different tones, is this possible? I run my bass through a Boss BCB-60 pedalboard before the amp, will this complicate matters? Thank you in advance.
You'll have to keep switching the leads in the amps' input jack and the speaker cable, which would be really annoying, especially during a gig, but yeah it could work. I don't think you could connect them both up to the one cab at the same time, you would overload the cab and blow the speaker.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
You'll have to keep switching the leads in the amps' input jack and the speaker cable, which would be really annoying, especially during a gig, but yeah it could work. I don't think you could connect them both up to the one cab at the same time, you would overload the cab and blow the speaker.

Oh ok thanks, i'll have to have a rethink then.
I just thought, maybe you could set the tone of a Trace Elliot head into an equalizer and put it in your effects chain?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Well I was planning on getting the Boss GEB-7 EQ soon for my effects line so yeah I could try that actually, thanks mate.