Is the neck supposed to be completely straight? Because i adjusted my truss rod so that the space between the 7-9th frets and the low E string is about a credit card's width but there is still a lot of buzz on pretty much every fret. Did i do something wrong?
BTW right now the neck is curved in a "U" shape (concave)
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
erm...w00t?
I think neck should be completely straight yeah...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
no there must be a slight bend in the middle of the neck very slightly. it may not be the neck tho. do u have a floyd bridge?
If the neck is warped, and right now it sounds like your neck is considerably warped, you're going to have fret buzz.

Now why did you adjust the truss rod in the first place? If you're experienced then a truss rod adjustment is no big deal, but if you're not so confident in your guitar-fixing abilities you should take it to a pro.

At this point, that's probably what you should do; take it into a shop and ask for a truss rod adjustment.

As for what you did wrong, you tightened the truss rod too much, causing the neck to bend under the pressure.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07
If the neck is warped, and right now it sounds like your neck is considerably warped, you're going to have fret buzz.

Now why did you adjust the truss rod in the first place? If you're experienced then a truss rod adjustment is no big deal, but if you're not so confident in your guitar-fixing abilities you should take it to a pro.

At this point, that's probably what you should do; take it into a shop and ask for a truss rod adjustment.

As for what you did wrong, you tightened the truss rod too much, causing the neck to bend under the pressure.

Adjusting the truss rod is nothing major. Yes you can damage the neck but only if you're a complete clutz.

Some people prefer the neck to be straight but it works best when there is slight relief. But it all depends on the setup, for example, the angle of the neck in the neck pocket, action height, nut height, fret height, and so on. Relief (upwards bow of neck) works in that each consecutive fret is lower so the string has spacing after the fret that is fretted.

www.ibanezrules.com - go read the tech section and look up some videos on youtube.
The action could still be to low giving all the fret buzz. But yea there is supposed to be an ever slight dip in the fretboard as you look down it.
if you are looking for a really low action then you my need fret dress. it's a very pro job.

otherwise, raise your bridge saddles until the buzz is gone, and deal with the action you are left with.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
hm maybe pics might help out..

Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
tom and jerry are awesome
but on a more serious note can anyone help?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
have you just changed strings recently? Mine buzzed after I did that for a while. I also loosened my truss rod quite a bit though, so it could of either been the rod or the strings getting worn in idk. If you play aggressive and want low action I think you want to loosen your truss rod some more (or get frets dressed or w/e it's called).

this...or...

take it to a shop and pretend like you know what's going on (ish). It shouldn't cost more than 30-40 bucks to get it fixed up nice 'n good. Don't let them jip you and charge you >100 like has been mentioned on here before.
hold down the first fret and the 17th fret and see how much relief(the space b/w the top of the fret and the string) is there at the 8th fret..ideally there should be about .25mm space..

I read that somewhere..
From those pictures, that actually looks pretty much how any neck should be.

If you're getting fretbuzz all over the neck, consider getting a fret dress done or raising the action slightly.

If you're getting fretbuzz in only a few places and not all over the neck, then that means certain frets weren't levelled correctly when the guitar was made; you'll certainly need a fret dress job done.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
that is actually quite a high action, i had the same problem with my ibanez S after i changed the strings, i tightened my truss rod slightly, and lowered my bridge a slight tad, and its fine now, i suggest you take it to a shop though, if you can.
yeah i think thats the best course of action
it costs $60 + tax though which i think is kinda of a ripoff
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag