I fianlly got the money to replace the ****y tuners on my prs se custom. How I just have 2 figure out which tuners i should get. Ive heard schallers are the best, but there are a couple of different types of schallers available and I'm not sure which ones I should get. Can someone suggest to me
a) Which types of schaller tuners i should get
or
b) What other locking tuners I could look at
how about the USA PRS tuners?

I love gotohs but i dont think they have a locker... I hear planet waves are good.

also, try sperzel

edit:

i took a PRS factory tour last week... that place is pretty cool
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
What is wrong with the PRS tuners....

Anyway, just go to a local store, pick out some tuners and get them. They aren't like oikcups where they affect your tone or anything.

Chose a respectable brand, a finish you want, and test how smoothly they turn.

EDIT: Seriously you did! Wow!! Send me pics!!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Sperzels are quite good, Grovers are quite good as well (they have some unique lockers, bought a set, and they don't turn unless I want them to)
EDIT: to Nuthinbuttrubl8: Pics or it didn't happen.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i only took a 45 minute tour of the place with Len Johnson... he's one of the division managers at PRS. I went through where the raw stock comes in from the saw mill down the road, through the drying room, into CNC routing and body cap joining, neck production, assembly, etc. They're on Log Canoe circle in stevensville, md. I didn't get any pics, unfortunately... i got a 2008 product lineup brochure and made a new friend, though. I met him in guitar center and we were bashing gibsons for like 20 minutes haha

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
That is cool. Can you get stuff from that sawmill? Because if you do, then you have no excuse not to turn out guitars as good as PRS's.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by Øttər
That is cool. Can you get stuff from that sawmill? Because if you do, then you have no excuse not to turn out guitars as good as PRS's.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I wish. I asked they said buy a guitar haha

Back on topic people! A lot of people use the Planet Waves locking tuners with built in string clipping. I have to say, that seems really impressive.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I installed a set of sperzels on a guitar about a week ago, they are very nice but a bit pricey tbh.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!