Okay, so I've recently upgraded from my old amp to Valveking 112, and I'm starting to put together myself a pedal board...but last christmas my parents bought me a ZOOM G1X multi-FX pedal, I don't want to just not use it all together so I wont offend them...but if I were to just use it as a volume pedal, or even just run through it with no effects turned on at all (my parents wouldn't know the difference), would that still have a negitive effect on my tone?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
If you don't really want to use it, don't use it. Tell them the truth, they can't force you to use it.
What if you just put it on the pedal board and just don't plug it in?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
if it's true bypass...then it won't harm your tone.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I can't believe your parents bought you an effects pedal, wish my parents would do that ... then again maybe not, but anyway plus 1 to Kozlic.
I have a Zoom G2.1u, and when I put the bypass on, it still sounds different than not having the pedal in at all. So, I stopped using it all together. I might consider selling it.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
"If you don't really want to use it, don't use it. Tell them the truth, they can't force you to use it."

Its not about being forced to use it. The guy obviously cares what his parents think and is being tactful. Look that word up along with empathy.
Quote by gregg freeman
"If you don't really want to use it, don't use it. Tell them the truth, they can't force you to use it."

Its not about being forced to use it. The guy obviously cares what his parents think and is being tactful. Look that word up along with empathy.

Yeah but at the end of the day, what they think, it doesn't make his turn any better. And I can see where he is coming from, not hurting their feelings, but what has to be done needs to be done.
It might be worth putting it in the FX loop of the amp and turning off all amp, cab, and distortion modeling in your presets.
Quote by BD 425
What if you just put it on the pedal board and just don't plug it in?

That's the best idea so far.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by fly135
It might be worth putting it in the FX loop of the amp and turning off all amp, cab, and distortion modeling in your presets.

^^This

Just put it in the effects loop, or use it with headphones. No sense in wasting it when you might find some useable sounds from it. Even just for playing around or practice.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator