I'm looking for an EQ pedal for a soon to be mine Mesa f 30. Any suggestions? Should I get one at all? Thanks.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
I have a Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ. It has 7 Bands. Many people like it and has the great value of $30. I think it would suit you well. If you are willing to stretch your budget, you can get the MXR M-108 EQ pedal. The difference between this and the Dano is it has 10 bands as opposed to 7 bands and is build like a tank.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
No experience with an EQ pedal...

I wouldn't get one unless the EQ on your amp sucks. Most people get EQ pedals to limited the EQ, then they make up the lost EQ's on their amp. Weird but it's gotta do something good.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
MXR M108

Lots will say the Boss EQ, but Im not keen on it

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
why do u need an EQ pedal if ur getting a mesa?
Member #24 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
No experience with an EQ pedal...

I wouldn't get one unless the EQ on your amp sucks. Most people get EQ pedals to limited the EQ, then they make up the lost EQ's on their amp. Weird but it's gotta do something good.

Yeah actually an EQ would be a good idea with his amp. I tried the Mesa F30 a long time ago, and the EQ barely changes the tone at all. The part of the amp that makes his amp amazing is the versatility of the gain knob. I can't imagine what his versatility would be like with an EQ pedal!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Quote by dickhaus

Oh deary me.

I'd recommend two which have already been suggested:
MXR 10 Band if you have a high budget,
Danelectro Fish n' Chips if your budget is it bit more limited.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by dickhaus

...presumably to give him more control over the EQ.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I actually have a similar problem as you. I also have a F-30 and I really wanted to be able to shape the tone more than the given options for the distortion. I'll probably be picking up the MXR 10 band today (getting it for $30 because two knobs broke off, but cheap deal still) so I'll let you know how it works. I'll be running a Fender Strat and a Schecter Hellraiser through it.

Still, if you haven't really played much with the amp, I'd get it first and see if your happy before making a potentially pointless purchase(alliteration ftw).
GMO INC.
Quote by abcdboy
I'm looking for an EQ pedal for a soon to be mine Mesa f 30. Any suggestions? Should I get one at all? Thanks.

Are you buying the F-30 used?
How much?

I have an MXR 10 band. It's good.

I had a DOD EQ (7 band I think) that I bought off of Craigslist for $35. The sliders seemed to have greater range and response. It took a header off my amp - turned it into a 4 band.
Is there any reason why the MXR 6 band isn't being suggested? Other than the fact that the 10 band has more bands, of course.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm getting it used. I'm hoping for under 600 bucks...Let one go by me for 500 =/
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Last edited by abcdboy at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by abcdboy
Is there any reason why the MXR 6 band isn't being suggested? Other than the fact that the 10 band has more bands, of course.

If it were a little cheaper, yea (or if the 10 band was a little more expensive).