I have been playing for 5 years Iv gotten quite good. I can play fast and acurate but i just dont know about solos... What are some tips? any scales I need to know and some of your advice
Learn the major scale. Learn how to apply it. Learn how to phrase. Play as often as possible (with other musicians if you can).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Crusade articles by Josh Urban in the columns section.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheDeviantCOG
i just dont know about solos... What are some tips? any scales I need to know and some of your advice

If you know scales then that's good. When soloing you should incorporate some or all of the techniques and chops you've learnt. Like bends and slides. These are good for phrasing, picking. Throw in the odd trill every now and then.

One thing to avoid when soloing is just running up and down the scale, cuz it'll just end up sounding like an exercise.
Quote by TheDeviantCOG
i just dont know about solos... What are some tips? any scales I need to know and some of your advice

If you know scales then that's good. When soloing you should incorporate some or all of the techniques and chops you've learnt. Like bends and slides. These are good for phrasing. Throw in the odd trill every now and then.

One thing to avoid when soloing is just running up and down the scale, cuz it'll just end up sounding like an exercise.
Quote by metal4all
Learn the major scale. Learn how to apply it. Learn how to phrase. Play as often as possible (with other musicians if you can).

+1. What this man said. Jamming is THE best way to get better at playing. Also, check out the link in my signature, it should help you.
Learn heaps of solos that you really like. Sometimes a new guitarist will hear a solo and think **** I can't do that. They'll learn the rest of the song but not the solo. Next thing you know five years have gone by and they can play heaps of songs but can't play any solos. Something like that happened to me. Maybe this isn't you but if it is - You'll get better at soloing if you learn heaps of them. It will give you ideas, licks, phrases, and ways to put your skills to use.
Si