Page 1 of 2
Whats the funnest solo you can play? I personally love playing Atreyu's "Falling Down" solo. Its fast and catchy!
Someone's standing on my chest...
Stabwound-Necrophagist. The intro solo.

That's fun right there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

whole lotta love, hands down.

edit: if you don't know who that song is by, then you suck at life.
I've only been playing for a month, so I only know three things. Mississippi queen intro, Nothing Else Matters, and Seize the day (Not the sweeping one)
That tiny bit in Buddy Holly by Weezer where it all cuts out and there's those 2 guitars playing that melody. Haha, that is such a cool thing to play, and it makes people laugh when you play it too. Goofy solo.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Pantera - F*****g hostile, it's fun, not too fast, and you get too use the whammy bar a lot (which i think is fun)
I think "Silly God Disco" by The GazettE because it's a funk metal song and the solo has a lot of bends although it's pretty short it's still fun to play.
Quote by Aetius
Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson

Great solo, such a great song.

The only reason I can't do that is because I never practiced shredding with the pentatonic scale. It just completely slipped my mind...

However, I can play the solo section of Stream Of Consciousness by Dream Theater, although I kind of forget it right now.
Epitaph - Necrophagist... by far the coolest solo that has ever been invented.
Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin...yeah, i know, hard right?
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
I've always loved the first guitar solo in Liquid Tension Experiment's Biaxident.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The only reason I can't do that is because I never practiced shredding with the pentatonic scale. It just completely slipped my mind...

Eric Johnson just has his own style and has very tricky licks and phrasing methods. I find 2 note per string shred harder than 3 note per string shredding, so it took me a while to get used to that EJ kind of lead work.
Quote by Aetius
Eric Johnson just has his own style and has very tricky licks and phrasing methods. I find 2 note per string shred harder than 3 note per string shredding, so it took me a while to get used to that EJ kind of lead work.

More string crossings = bitching hard.

I can't pick 2nps properly to save my life.
Quote by AtreyuAlive60
Whats the funnest solo you can play?!

Wonder Boy - Tenacious D.
the song "Concerto" by Cacophony.

yeah, the whole song is basically one big solo. most Cacophony songs are.

i just can't nail Jason Becker's shred part in the first 40 seconds....too damn fast!!
the insturmental part in "savage" by cacophony.. the one starting with the asian scale riff..
i play marty`s lead.. very sweet and fun to play
Quote by Stolen Identity
Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin...yeah, i know, hard right?

It might not be all that hard, but it is epic (and I don't mean that in the "internet meme" sense; it actually is an epic solo).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
hitch a ride= like the funnest solo ever

More than a feeling is also fun

I like trail of tears by eric johnson also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
prolly,
Shes Only 18 - RHCP
great wah and fuzz sound.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by valennic
Stabwound-Necrophagist. The intro solo.

That's fun right there.

i agree,
a nother fun one to play is symbiotic in theory by necrophagist

i have a vid of it on my page if u wanna check it
Quote by RHCP987123
prolly,
Shes Only 18 - RHCP
great wah and fuzz sound.

word. although people have complained he abuses wah.

probably catch hell blues by white stripes. not totally solo filled but a really fun slide song

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Phagist solos are all great and I would have to agree with valennic that the epitaph solo is probably the best. I would have to say though, that as far as just pure feeling blended with technically astonishing shred, would be the outro solo to White Walls by between the buried and me. Gives me goosebumps every time.

Also Akeldama by The Faceless and Tender Surrender by Steve Vai.
Quote by Aetius
Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson

Great solo, such a great song.

It's alright...

I think the most fun to play that I can play right now is the intro solo to The Air That I Breathe by All That Remains or Sweet Child O' Mine by GNR.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
word. although people have complained he abuses wah.

probably catch hell blues by white stripes. not totally solo filled but a really fun slide song

agreed, one of my favorite slide songs to play.

although the only slide songs I know are Death Letter, Little Bird, Red Rain, and Catch Hell... and they're all by the White Stripes.
"I sorta don't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"
-Jack White
Well.... I play bass, but I can play through all of Cliff Burton's (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
You've gotta be who you are,
and don't be what you're not.
If you want to be of the world,
then you can't be of God.
If we're talking solos that are simply fun and this isn't based on technique at all, two of my favorites are in "Sleeping Sun" and "FantasMic", both by Nightwish. Excellent, melodic and slow solos that I absolutely love to play.
The Talk Dirty To Me and I Love Rock n Roll solos, but not perfectly.
Skip the username, call me Billy
I really like the solo to Santeria. Short, pretty easy, but sounds good and is really fun.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy Osbourne.
Randy's Suicide Solution Spotlight Solo is pretty fun too, but I can't play all of that yet.
Quote by Avedas

However, I can play the solo section of Stream Of Consciousness by Dream Theater, although I kind of forget it right now.

i LOVE playing that solo section, as well as lines in the sand, glasgow kiss, and the whole solo section of A Change of Seasons
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Page 1 of 2