I recently bought a set of Cleartone strings from Guitar Center for about 15$. Should I take them back and buy three sets of Ernie Ball strings or should I keep them? Also do they resist sweat?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
coated strings are worth it... my friend has them on his acoustic for almost a year and a half now and they didn't break yet.
Quote by randomhero93
coated strings are worth it... my friend has them on his acoustic for almost a year and a half now and they didn't break yet.

Im not worried them breaking, I never break reagular strings. Do they still sound good?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by bBreaker at Jul 30, 2008,
^^ bet they sound like ass now though. Year and a half old strings?

Personally I prefer D'Addario over Ernie Ball, just personal preference, but I hardly ever break 'em, and they sound good still after some time.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
They aren't worth it at all. I use GHS Boomers on my electric and Ernie Ball Earthwoods on my acoustic and I have a friend who uses Elixers. My strings generally last longer (I haven't broken a string in years!) and they retain a good tone longer.
coated are fine for acoustic.

but on electrics they don't ground right. at least the DR color coats don't anyway.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The coating muffles the tone a little. Ive tried many of the coated strings and wasnt impressed. Just arent worth the extra cost.
3 Packs of EB > Cleartone for sure...
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
The only way your going to know is to try them. $15 isn't that expensive. I spent $3.50 on a cup of coffee this morning!
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD