Okay I used the searchbar but didn't find anything relating to this quesiton.

My question is: When I play my guitar through the amp I can hear my pick scraping against the strings. It's only on the G,B, and High E strings that i can hear it on though. I have a Squier Strat and it has single coils. I also have a crate VTX 30 amp. I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the pick sounds?
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
A noise gate gets rid of excess string noise. Also, practice muting the strings........very useful technique.
if you don't want to hear that percussive picking sound, you need to get humbuckers. single coils, especially cheap ones, have a very loud sounding pick tones... try turning down the "tone" knob
Is there a way to get rid of the noise without getting anything new? or is it nesecary to get new things?
Quote by handbanana78

Quote by deathcore101

Get a Made in Mexico fender strat with HSS (humbucker singlecoil singlecoil) pickup arrangement.. it's not that expensive.. and it's a hell of a lot better than your squier
i like the pick sounds personally, but you can barely hear it when i play... but it tells me that I'm hittin the strings... I get a.d.d. about it... don't mock me...
Could somebody refer me to a good noise gate pedal? I heard the NS-2 is pretty good, but I would like other thoughts and opinons on this.
Quote by handbanana78

Quote by deathcore101