If you guys want me to put this in Electric guitar or something, tell me, I dont want tone reccomendations, I just want to know your tone preferences.

For me, it's that kind of raw, open, in your face kind of tube tone.

There are far too many types of tones to make a poll, so just go ahead and post what your favorite kind of sound is, including pedals and such.

If you dont think it belongs here, I'll delete it

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

So last night I was jamming to an Eric Johnson track and my guitar's wood got scratched, so now my tone is messed up and I can't play any more Eric Johnson.
I like too many tones to list, but what I tend to make for myself:

I tend to go for a bright, punchy upper-mid sound - my Peavey's mids are always maxed out. I also like power tube overdrive a lot. I try to use that whenever I can.
make a cross of iron maiden, judas priest, and iced earth

|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I like a nice high-mid tone. kinda like a little thin, so as to let the bass and drums really boom in a recording or live. page's live tone is awesome, as is bucketheads.
Wes Montgomery tone

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Semi hollow body. Sparklin' humbuckers. Valves broken up nicely. Balls to the wall loud.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

That '70s classic rock tone.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
that deep but still sharp chevelleish breaking benjamin type tone
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
i want to buy a hello kitty guitar than play it at a gig...
itll be like guitar solo than i pull out the kitty-caster and BAMMM
Quote by Sendrith
make a cross of iron maiden, judas priest, and iced earth

WE HAVE THE SAME TONE

we can totally be friends!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I like my gain like I like my woman 7-8 at best

sorry
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
I like fuzzy tones, and also a variety. That's why the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory is my favorite pedal. But I'm broke and don't have one.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
I like a bassy tone that doesn't overpower the bass player so it's always at like 6 and I boost my mids alot. My gain knob rarely goes over 5.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Erm, I prefer clean ones that are pretty like, warm ( :S ) - I have a MicroCube, so I don't have much choice, but my ideal one would be similar to Santana's, if not, something like Slash's one - but his is pretty much a standard LP sound right?
High treble, I can't play if I can detect more bass than treble. I like to play with a very crunchy, dirty tone. For distortion, of course. For clean I've always got reverb and chorus on in a nice combo for a warm, thick sound.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
lots of mids and gain, coming from a fender-type amp, with a overdrive pedal with the level maxed and the gain just a little...

mmmmmmm.....tasty
For my band, Heavy distorted tones, more mids and treble than bass, if I'm at home I experiment alot, and depends what I'm playing at the time, but yeah the tone I use live I pretty much rape the gain.

Stedit: And not because I can't play without loads of Dist. I just love the sound that alot of Distortion brings, makes palm mutes sound fuller, harmonics (Both pinch and natural) sound clearer, also brings a rounder sound to the band. Only downside is the the uncontrolable feedback. Should I by a Noise Gate?
Last edited by slash fan #1 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by slash fan #1
For my band, Heavy distorted tones, more mids and treble than bass, if I'm at home I experiment alot, and depends what I'm playing at the time, but yeah the tone I use live I pretty much rape the gain.

Stedit: And not because I can't play without loads of Dist. I just love the sound that alot of Distortion brings, makes palm mutes sound fuller, harmonics (Both pinch and natural) sound clearer, also brings a rounder sound to the band. Only downside is the the uncontrolable feedback. Should I by a Noise Gate?

Yeah, you should. They're pretty useful, especially with that issue.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

hey valennic, arent you that one kid that made that really lame video and posted it here on youtube and alot of people flamed you?
Quote by venom0014
hey valennic, arent you that one kid that made that really lame video and posted it here on youtube and alot of people flamed you?

-_-

No. I'm not. I'm not an idiot.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
-_-

No. I'm not. I'm not an idiot.

hahahah yes you are! i remember, you were wearing one of those funny looking hats
Quote by last-1s-out
I like my gain like I like my woman 7-8 at best

sorry

I'm gonna say Opeth-esque tones. Well, that's what I like, but you can't really get that out of a Line 6 Spider II.
Spiral Out
Quote by venom0014
hahahah yes you are! i remember, you were wearing one of those funny looking hats

Dude, I've never recorded my self playing, how could I have posted a video of myself playing if I've never recorded one???

I dont even OWN a hat.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

For bass, I like that really clean tone that you feel more than you hear
(unless it is in the proper level in the mix )
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by valennic
Dude, I've never recorded my self playing, how could I have posted a video of myself playing if I've never recorded one???

I dont even OWN a hat.

in 2 of your profile pics you are wearing hats.
You might be right on the fact that you don't own a hat but that doesn't mean you couldn't have been wearing one.
I don't know if you were in a video or not, I'm just pointing out that you owning a hat (or not) has nothing to do with it.
Quote by untalented
in 2 of your profile pics you are wearing hats.
You might be right on the fact that you don't own a hat but that doesn't mean you couldn't have been wearing one.
I don't know if you were in a video or not, I'm just pointing out that you owning a hat (or not) has nothing to do with it.

Well, beanie, hat, I dont really consider em the same thing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Im digging a Metallica tone right now.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby