So I was watching a video where someone was playing an Epiphone Les Paul doing a review of it I guess and he switched the pickup and it was playing clean.

I have the same Les Paul except it has a whammy and a Bigsby Tremolo (w/e that is, but it is something) and when I switch pickups it just sound a little different. Still distorted.

I have to switch the modes on my amp and it sounds horrible./

Thank you
His amp maybe? Or pick-ups.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

It might also have to do with your knobs. Try putting your bridge pick-up at 10 tone/volume and the neck pick-up much lower. You'll hear a bigger difference.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by BloodyHarvest
So I was watching a video where someone was playing an Epiphone Les Paul doing a review of it I guess and he switched the pickup and it was playing clean.

I have the same Les Paul except it has a whammy and a Bigsby Tremolo (w/e that is, but it is something) and when I switch pickups it just sound a little different. Still distorted.

I have to switch the modes on my amp and it sounds horrible./

Thank you

First off, what amp are you using? With a tube amp you can clean the tone up considerally simply by pickicking softly, and likewise get the clean channel to distort a fair bit if you hit the strings hard. Or he may simply have had the volume on the other pickup turned down.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgbjKQBMV8I

You're going to have to skip to towards the end before you can see what I mean, he doesn't even play until near the end.

Thanks.

People keep saying there isn't much difference between the Gibson and the Epiphone but they lent me a gibson while they send my epiphone to get set up and it is so much better, not in looks or anything but in tone.
he just used the switch on the les paul, ive never played one but i guess it switched the amps channel?

well, i dont really know what that switch does, but someone's bound to eh?
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
At 4:49 in the vid you see him look down at the ground and reach his right foot out to hit a pedal. He uses a footswitch to change from dist. to clean. The switch on the guitar switches between bridge/both/neck pickups. You see him hit the footswitch again when he talks about harmonics at the end.
I'm pretty sure that he switches between distortion and clean using a footswitch like the other guy said, and he just switches pickups for a warmer clean sound. I always use both pickups for my cleans and switch to my bridge pickup for rhythm.
Quote by leephan
I'm pretty sure that he switches between distortion and clean using a footswitch like the other guy said, and he just switches pickups for a warmer clean sound. I always use both pickups for my cleans and switch to my bridge pickup for rhythm.

Yeah, definitely has a pedal.

Secondly, Adelaide? I live close to you...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Well, he might be using a tube amp.. with the volume rolled up high on one pickup for gain, and the other rolled down for clean. Switching pickups would then alternatively act as a clean-gain type switch.

Might be it, might not. Hope i helped.
It's obviously a foot pedal. The switch on the guitar is for switching pickups.