What would you use as your EQ for punk rock/pop punk, like Green Day/Blink 182-ish?
I'm currently using:
Bass - 4
Mid - 8
Treble - 8
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
if you were REAL punk rock turn everything to 11!!!!

jk, just look at the settings sticky in GG&A
Yeah lots of treble will get you there
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
It really depends on your amp and your guitar, we can't just sit here and give you numbers like this.
Quote by l3p4rd
It really depends on your amp and your guitar, we can't just sit here and give you numbers like this.

+1

if you're gonna play blink 182 make sure your volume is set to 0 though

play some refused =]
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Pile on the mids, I'd boost the treble a lot too but not quite as much. If it's one guitar plus bass I'd have the bass(on your amp) up more than if it was two guitars plus bass, just to add a bit more depth to it.

I'd back down on the gain a bit as well, a nice bitey crunch is what I'd be looking for... also I'd personally use my strat with single coils on the bridge of bridge+mid position for a good bite for leads, but if I was gonna be doing mostly rhythm I'd go with a guitar with humbuckers.

Mind you this is just my own taste, experiment a lot and find something you like. Try everything you can think of, write down good combos you find(Tom Morello's 'noise chart" concept basically) and be specific about how to re-create them.

The better you know your gear the less you have to worry about it, and the less you need to worry about the better a guitarist you'll be.