Page 1 of 6
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
I stole this idea from matt's thread in the pit. I've noticed the people in this forum seem to love biking and do it a lot (me included), so i thought I'd make a thread about it.

So............discuss!

Jack my swag
Rankles
2,481 IQ
I thought this was going to be a parody of the punks with phones thread.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
I'm sure that the issue we'd all like to debate is:

Is it punk to have spokey wokes?

Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jul 30, 2008,
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Right now I've got a mountain bike, which is pretty nice but I'd rather have a cool road bike. I think I'm going to build a road bike out of recycled parts at the bike co-op here and then sell my mountain bike.

I went to my first critical mass here last Friday and that was pretty fun. It's not that big here, but there's still enough people to make it a good time.
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
Skateboards > bikes.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by sargasm
Right now I've got a mountain bike, which is pretty nice but I'd rather have a cool road bike. I think I'm going to build a road bike out of recycled parts at the bike co-op here and then sell my mountain bike.

I went to my first critical mass here last Friday and that was pretty fun. It's not that big here, but there's still enough people to make it a good time.
I want to go to a Critical Mass. I'm sure there's one in Orlando, but it would probably be counter productive to drive an hour over there.

I'm getting a bike for my birthday. Suggestions?
Quote by Ska Wars
Skateboards > bikes.
I haven't skated for almost three years. I sold my skateboard to my friend and never looked back. I still watch skate videos, but I have no desire to skate.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yeahyeah
Better Get Hit In Yo Soul
476 IQ
Quote by PinkInPretty
This better not turn into a hipster thread.

mah hipster-mobile:

We don't really have hipsters in my town though
Just got some new clips and waiting on new pedals for that bike

and my new bike:

Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
prplhazed
40 IQ
My bike got stolen at noon in front of a coffee shop in a really nice part of town....

the stupid thing is mine was old, used and cheap, and my dad's was right there and worth 5x as much but they stole mine
yeahyeah
476 IQ
How did you lock it? I pretty much always use two good locks if I'm gonna be away from my bike for any length of time. It's worked so far but I figure that I'll have a bike stolen sooner or later. Check your renter's/homeowner's insurance to see if your bike was covered

Also- tr00 p0nxx ride on the street, not sidewalk so everyone read this stuff:
http://bicyclesafe.com/
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
crustyreed
493 IQ
Man nice new bike!!!

My mountain bike deceased on a trip back from the grocery store earlier this summer (i've been bikeless for a month!!!) I'm still trying to figure out how the hell to fix it.

But yeah, i definitely want a road bike for the.. road biking...
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
I been aching for a Moped for AGES.

There are so many loopholes to owning them.

No inspections or titles!

I have a hot lead on one now. I will obv. post it if I manage to purchase it.

I don't like biking cuz my town is waaaay too hilly for human power. Plus I ain't gettin' sweaty on my way to the movies/work/a freind's...
Wookiedude
Unregistered User
62 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
I enjoy both but ...

Running > Biking

up da aerobic p0nx.

the 1500m dash is way p0nx

Side note: the 20k race walk is the first track event of the olympics
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by Leonheart
Damn, that sounds neat. I might be interested in getting one.

And what's with road bikes? You can ride them on roads with cars or something?

I'm absolutely terrible with all forms of transportation...I failed the drivers test in school twice. :/ And I studied the driver's manual for like 2 days and my friend looked at for like 5 minutes and...blah.

Road bikes are made for riding on roads, where as mountain bikes are made for off-roading. Duh.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
1500m = totally not a dash.

/me is a middle distance runner , but also participates in 5Ks and 8 mile runs.
Wookiedude
Unregistered User
62 IQ
I guess it depends who is running the 1500

but seriously the 3200m is superior to every other race
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
You can ride any bike on the road legally
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Well if by dash, you mean sprint...then the 1500m is by no way, shape, or form a dash.

p.s. Ryan Hall = gonna pwn da olympics.
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
I'm not watching the olympics or supporting any of their sponsors until Tibet is free.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Iluvpowerchords
1,364 IQ
Another offer popped up on my local craigslist.

'cept the guy wants $750 which is kind of high.

I lowballed him and asked for $450-500 *-)

I hope some ignant retard doesn't actually give him $750 before I can come to a deal.
yeahyeah
476 IQ
Quote by element4433
You can ride any bike on the road legally

Yup- road bikes are just much more efficient and handle better than other bikes on a road surface.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I'm not watching the olympics or supporting any of their sponsors until Tibet is free.

+1

Jack my swag
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by Leonheart
But can you ride them on the road with cars, legally? Or is it just for bike lanes?

A road near my girlfriend's house is the only place I've ever seen a bike lane aha. I didn't even know they existed until about a month ago.

The way i have always understood it is.
Mountain bikes: made for hills and off road.
Racing bikes: made for hills, on cement and speed.
Road: Short travels, roads, less hilly.
then bmx whatevers.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by Leonheart
Hey guys! I just got this moped on craigslist for $750!

Score!

I lol'd
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
I have a BMX bike, but the tire popped when I did a really sloppy bunny hop a few years ago...
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Iluvpowerchords
1,364 IQ
Quote by Leonheart
Hey guys! I just got this moped on craigslist for $750!

Score!

RockThe40oz
Sucker-Punched By Christ
1,233 IQ
Quote by Ska Wars
I have a BMX bike, but the tire popped when I did a really sloppy bunny hop a few years ago...

I gave away my BMX bike because I stopped riding it when I got a car last year.
Iluvpowerchords
1,364 IQ
When I went to the beach last week I found an old BMX bike near my hotel.

The chain was incredibly rusted and it had no brakes at all but I rode it everywhere.

Even at night. Until a cop told me I needed a light (there are no helmets laws for motorcycles in Delaware and yet there are light laws for bikes )

The town was totally flat and I biked on like the busiest highway in Delaware. I went to Salvation Army and bought a killer sweater for five bucks.

I was in full hipster mode that week. And I didn't even mind getting sweaty cuz the ocean was nice and cold for after.

I put the bike back everytime just in case someone did own it. It was real commie stylee. *-)

If I lived there...

I'd probably still ride a scooter/moped...

But biking would be alot more appealing.
Wookiedude
Unregistered User
62 IQ
Im pretty sure they just call all track races a dash

Im not so sure about Ryan Hall and the olympics. Those Kenyans are pretty good.
Zero Substance
1,118 IQ

my fixed gear/city bike. it has bar tape and the saddle is better adjusted now. this is just a pic i took as soon as i finished building it. i also have a mountain bike and then a trek 1500 road bike for, you guessed it, road biking.
yeahyeah
476 IQ
Cool bike^ What model did you convert?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
I'm in dire need of a road bike, so I don't tire myself out by riding my BMX everywhere I go.

How much are they about?
Zero Substance
1,118 IQ
Quote by yeahyeah
Cool bike^ What model did you convert?

thanks man. its a 1979 raleigh record frame. it was originally grey. i redid the frame black but left the blue headtube.

Quote by original=punk
I'm in dire need of a road bike, so I don't tire myself out by riding my BMX everywhere I go.

How much are they about?

if you look at bike shop clearances you can get good deals. my bike was 850 down from like 1500 and its got shimano 105 components and a carbon fork.
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Do the seats have to be so ****ing uncomfortable? That's the only reeason why I've kept my bmx, because the seat doesn't hurt my ass.

I have a very bony ass, no fat or muscle on it at all.
yeahyeah
476 IQ
Quote by Zero Substance
thanks man. its a 1979 raleigh record frame. it was originally grey. i redid the frame black but left the blue headtube.

if you look at bike shop clearances you can get good deals. my bike was 850 down from like 1500 and its got shimano 105 components and a carbon fork.

Nice on both.

^And I got my Peugeot for $10 which is about as low as an old road bike will go for and they go up to like over $10,000. You can usually snag a pretty nice 70s or 80s 10 speed for under $200 and have a very solid bike. Non ****ty new road bikes start at about $600.
Quote by original=punk
Do the seats have to be so ****ing uncomfortable? That's the only reeason why I've kept my bmx, because the seat doesn't hurt my ass.

Bike saddles are actually counter intuitive because seats with too much padding are actually the ones that will do the most harm to your man bits. Saddles with little padding and a cutout are are the best if you're gonna be in the saddle for longer periods. Leather saddles are really comfy too, my Ideale fits my ass like a glove because it is so broken in.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Last edited by yeahyeah at Jul 30, 2008,
Zero Substance
1,118 IQ
Quote by original=punk

i have a bony ass too, i know how you feel. mine has a relatively comfortable saddle. if you ride a lot, you will get used to it quickly and it won't hurt anymore.

Quote by yeahyeah
Nice on both.

thanks man. i really like your peugeot too, its done well.
Last edited by Zero Substance at Jul 30, 2008,
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Well I'll try to get a new bike, maybe I'll sell both of mine, and pay for half, splitting with my dad, then work it off to pay the other half.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
I love my mountain bike, a road bike would pretty much suck here since there are so many hills and mountains but they do look cooler.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything