I have a Marshall Avt 50 Valvestate model amp, and a Godin Freeway Emg. The Emg pickups and my amp have a fairly good metal sound, but i want to get a Boss Sd-1, Boss Distortion Pedal, Ibanez Fuzz, and a Crybaby wah, with other cords, and a pedal board. Should I buy new pedals, or just sell my amp on ebay and buy a tube amp?
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
well it's an avt, not the greatest. So i would say a new amp, but it's up to you.
With $400 you're going to have to hunt down something used to get a decent gain channel, unless you're happy with a Crate V-series amp... Traynor is probably your best bet, but even there you're going to need another $150 to even get a 1X12...
First off get a new amp...

Second if you DID get the effects, why waste money on a pedal board?? You can make your own for like $15!
Need I say it?

New amp.

And +1 to metalhead about building your own pedalboard.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
if u like the tone coming out of ur amp stick with it and get the effects, but if ur tired of it get a new amp.
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1