How do I use this thing, where do I plug it into my amp to work?

And what do all the switches mean, (threshold, frequency, etc.)
Its a DBX 266a.
connect the flux capacitor to the neuro-net learning computer and you should be set to go

it didnt come with instructions?
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
You'll want to put the noise gate after your stompboxes and before your amp. Tweak the threshold (at what "point" it starts to gate the noise) and the frequency knobs until you get the desired noise suppression without tone loss [this is a balancing act, as noise gates can really suck all the tone out of your signal].

What kind of noise gate do you have?
Quote by aberrant
You'll want to put the noise gate after your stompboxes and before your amp. Tweak the threshold (at what "point" it starts to gate the noise) and the frequency knobs until you get the desired noise suppression without tone loss [this is a balancing act, as noise gates can really suck all the tone out of your signal].

What kind of noise gate do you have?

I was told to have the noise gate be one of the first in the loop...?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
I was told to have the noise gate be one of the first in the loop...?

Depends what you're trying to cut. If you want to cut guitar feedback, then run it in front of the amp. If you're trying to cut preamp hiss and feedback, then at the end of the loop.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
^ I got confused cuz when I use my Boss NS-2 in front of the amp, it kills the feedback and most of the hiss/hum but not all(close enough though). When I tried putting it in the loop it did nothing actually I don't even think the pedal turns on unless something is in the input. When I put it in the loop I plugged the send from the amp into the return on the pedal and then the send from the pedal into the return of the amp. Did I do it wrong? The only instructions it came with showed between the guitar and amp (obvious) and in a really really complicated loop so it had my mind all twisted.
Quote by zhunt1130
^ I got confused cuz when I use my Boss NS-2 in front of the amp, it kills the feedback and most of the hiss/hum but not all(close enough though). When I tried putting it in the loop it did nothing actually I don't even think the pedal turns on unless something is in the input. When I put it in the loop I plugged the send from the amp into the return on the pedal and then the send from the pedal into the return of the amp. Did I do it wrong? The only instructions it came with showed between the guitar and amp (obvious) and in a really really complicated loop so it had my mind all twisted.

Send (Amp) -> Input of Pedal -> Output of Pedal -> Return (Amp) if I remember right. I don't use my loop though.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS