I have a digitech RP80 multi effects pedal which is fine but the whammy sounds too metallic and I want a whammy pedal for playing jack white style solos, he uses a Digitech whammy 4 so i was wondering if i should get that or if there is something better.
buy a guitar with a whammy bar.

but can't u whammy without the whammy?
e-cookie to whoever gets the reference.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by guitar4life24
buy a guitar with a whammy bar.

but can't u whammy without the whammy?
e-cookie to whoever gets the reference.

the fat kid from youtube?
Quote by soccerguy6494
the fat kid from youtube?

e-cookie for you. Nice avatar btw.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
The way that Jack White get's that tone is by using an MXR Micro Amp to push an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA and then he runs that into the Whammy. By putting a fuzz before the whammy the whammy will take all the craziness coming from the fuzz and octave it too. It took me a while to realize that the Whammy doesn't sound that good without a fuzz or heavy distortion before it.
Quote by soccerguy6494
and by that i mean the one with his new technique

does he have other techniques? links please.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by guitar4life24
does he have other techniques? links please.

no i dont think he does. i only saw that one vid from a link from the pit. the description said it wasnt the guy who posted it
Quote by soccerguy6494
no i dont think he does. i only saw that one vid from a link from the pit. the description said it wasnt the guy who posted it

oh, I'm looking for more of his videos now.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by guitar4life24
oh, I'm looking for more of his videos now.

sweet post some links if you find any
Quote by aberrant
The way that Jack White get's that tone is by using an MXR Micro Amp to push an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA and then he runs that into the Whammy. By putting a fuzz before the whammy the whammy will take all the craziness coming from the fuzz and octave it too. It took me a while to realize that the Whammy doesn't sound that good without a fuzz or heavy distortion before it.

Um, I do it. It sounds just fine. Though it does explain how he gets that thick of a tone out of it. (Noted in mind).

It should be noted that in it's normal configuration (before everything else on the board, as is the case with mine) the Whammy tends to sound a bit metallic itself, particularly on the 2 Octave up feature, but even 1 is tricky to use because of the odd breakup. You CAN set it up to harmonize even in those modes by using a Y cable (which I have). Personally I feel like it castrates the abrasiveness of the effect but it doesn't sound as metallic or digital...