I've always wanted an S series and I thought with my birthday coming soon, I could finally fulfill that want. I was going to buy an Ibanez S7320 (cheap seven string S) because i couldn't afford a prestige. I've always had my dream guitar though (the S5470) and after going to Sam Ash and actually seeing one in real life and playing one i knew i HAD to have this guitar. Of course it was wayyy out of my budget (i'm 15 btw) so I had to figure out a plan to get enough money for this.

So I made a deal with my dad, that they not get me anything for my birthday, I give them all my birthday money I get and give them all the christmas money I get and they'll buy me the guitar as a bday+christmas present with me pitching in around 600 and them paying the rest (around 600).

Soooo long story short, I'm getting the guitar i've always wanted. Anyone own this guitar? I havn't seen anything but good stuff written about it.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Don't think you can go wrong really, ive got a cheap S, and i think its awesome, and i doubt theres much chance of getting a Japanese made lemon, so i guess your set.
thats one of my favorite guitars atm, congrats. It looks sublime and i bet it sounds beautiful have fun with it, cherish it and then sell it to me for cheap ... Its my bday today Im 20! i think im going to go watch the new batman film later, Christian bale was well good in the machinist so i hope he can do a good job with batman,
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
i own one.
S5470BW (burled olive walnut top/mahogany body. yup, with the red viking flat finish.)
the stock pickups are nothing impressive, so i swapped them with dimarzio's evolution (neck and bridge) and a hs-2 single coil.
the finish is not tough, bits of scratches here and there despite i just bought it new april this year.
the neck is fast. would have been better if hand rubbed with gun oil (like music man guitars.)
ZRII tremolo is superb.
if you're getting one just swap the pickups for something hot.
highly recommended.
lucky you, the S prestige is the sexiest guitar in the Ibanez arsenal. i played the S5470 when i was lookin for a guitar, and its breath taking, although it can do alot better with some hot Pups, but its just gr8 with the originals, the trem is the best Ibanez have made since the Edge pro, unlike the edge, its doesnt use a knife edge to pull the strings back, which is the main reason strings break when u abuse the trem, but in the ZR u can pull, squeez, arm wrestle the trem and it stays there , even more it stays in tune for insanly long time. i went for the RG 1570 cause its within my budget and 24 frets, which i noticed i hardly use the last 2 frets, otherwise the S would have been my only choice
congrats bro
im thinking about the ibanez rg1570 of a godin freeway floyd or even a washburn x40 pro but if i had the money the s5470 would beat them all hands down. shame im poor lol
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
jyscal the S prestiges have 24 frets and yes i'm very excited and lucky, this will be the most expensive thing i have ever owned haha, but christmas is a while away =(

EDIT: does the red viking one have the same finish? because i know theres that one and it looks like the flat finish like you said, then theres the "stained oil" one i think, then theres the sunburst which is the one i'm getting and that one has a clearcoat finish
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Has anybody ever suggested to you that you should build one?

Hahah...completely kidding. If you end up getting that guitar, I advise you not be tempted to join the Jonas Brothers like I know you've wanted to. Even if you do join them though, it'll still be a sick guitar
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build