Yesterday I was perfectly fine, I was playing guitar normal speed I usually do and today I wake up and when I start playing guitar today I feel this slight pain in my left wrist. And I am trying to ignore it but I cant play up to speed like I usually do. Its bothering me. I haven't done anything that I know of to hurt my wrist at all so I have no clue whats going on. Anybody have any clue why this is happening?

EDIT: Another question is when I pick sometimes I scrap the skin right under my index finger nail and its also bothering me I try and focus on not hitting it but I end up doing it sometimes. This just started happening recently as well so I dunno what I am doing wrong.
Last edited by Kash1333 at Jul 30, 2008,
It could be strain. Check the way you are holding your guitar and your posture! Having the guitar way down low will put more strain on your wrist :/

Other than that... im not too sure!
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
It could be strain. Check the way you are holding your guitar and your posture! Having the guitar way down low will put more strain on your wrist :/

Other than that... im not too sure!

Oh man I never really payed attention to my posture. I have a flying v so the guitar neck is kinda high up. Could that be it And I shall ice my wrist for a little while. Thanks.
I had that same problem before.
Well it all depends on how long you were playing.If you didn't really practice a long time and then suddenly play for a couple hours, the wrist is,you know, pushed to the limit.
Just do a cold-hot treatment and take a small break from playing.

And as for the picking problem, try to find the most comfortable way to hold it.You could also be strumming to hard and that's makes you hit the strings and scrape your finger.
Quote by serjiscoolz
I had that same problem before.
Well it all depends on how long you were playing.If you didn't really practice a long time and then suddenly play for a couple hours, the wrist is,you know, pushed to the limit.
Just do a cold-hot treatment and take a small break from playing.

And as for the picking problem, try to find the most comfortable way to hold it.You could also be strumming to hard and that's makes you hit the strings and scrape your finger.

Yea I have not been playing as much as I usually do and yesterday I did the limit I think. And I`ll watch my strumming. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it!
If it continues go to a doctor: CTS is no laughing matter but it can be treated and is always better if you catch things like this early.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Take a day or two off and check if it goes away. Start playing again when the pain is gone. It happened to me once. And it was fine after a few days.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

My wrist was hurting last night when I was practicing Barre chords. x.X Maybe I'm doing them wrong
Do that simple wrist stretch exercise before u start playing.. might help.

I'm not good at describing it fairly well, but i'd say stick out your left hand straight out at a 90degree angle from your body, face ur hand up kinda like this ___| with the underscore being ur wrist and the the "|" sign being ur hand. Then pull back ur fingers and stretch.

Good Luck, practise hard!
rest a day or two and the pain should go away. if it doesn't, you might want to consult a doctor