Page 1 of 2
hello, im searching for a very hard song to play (obviously on guitar)

First : I hate metallica

Second : Must be Metal, but no a7x or trivium ****

Third : im tuned in E

Fourth : Must have a GREAT guitar solo (great means hard too :P)
I always say this but hey, that's cus it's good. Megadeth - RIP album is laid with so many awesome solos. Try Hangar 18 or Tornado Of Souls.
Quote by IbanezRulez
hello, im searching for a very hard song to play (obviously on guitar)

First : I hate metallica

Third : im tuned in E

Fourth : Must have a GREAT guitar solo (great means hard too :P)

Wow, you're cool. Let's diss on band because everyone else on this damn site does it. STFU, shove your opinion back up the ass. You could've just as easily stated, "Please, no Avenged Sevenfold or Trivium" Douche.

NOW

If you want some hard ****, if you dont mind Dragonforce, their stuff is more than a challenge.

Or you could do Canon Rock, it's got some intense pieces to it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

megadeth and maiden are too easy, maybe some solo stuff ?, but no malmsteen, i already play a bunch of his songs
Perhaps some Dream Theater or SX? Check Sea Of Lies by SX, that has a bitchin solo, although I confess I don't like the band much.
Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, or maybe some Yngwie Malmsteen for some pure hardcore shreds.
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
ok thx for the advices dudes :P, i do sea of lies easy, ill try some priest and scuse me but malmsteen's getting me bored, he's dam good, but a bit too shreddy
Quote by IbanezRulez
megadeth and maiden are too easy, maybe some solo stuff ?, but no malmsteen, i already play a bunch of his songs

got any recordings? maybe you think you are alot better than you are, and you need to work on things like phrasing/ technique.

FYI- we get alot of people on here who think they are better then they really are. LEave your ego at the door dude, no matter how good you are there are 100,000 people 10x better than you.
Not Enough AssHatery
i think your lying. if your so amazing you can play whatever you want. you dont need our ideas with an amazing solo. as mysweetfracture said you may not be as good as you think you are. i think your just tryin to make people think your good.

no offense but get a life.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
i did NOT say i could play what i want, i just find maiden stuff easy for the solos !
Yeah man, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but after listening to the recording in your profile (that I'm assuming is you), I highly doubt that you can play all the things you say you can with any degree of accuracy...Asking for "very hard" things to play, and then proceeding to play them poorly isn't going to help you much.

I'm not saying you are a bad guitarist or anything like that at all, just that you may be biting off more than you can chew.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by IbanezRulez
oh and btw, is domination playable in E ?

i think theres a tab on here thats in e
Quote by IbanezRulez
i did NOT say i could play what i want, i just find maiden stuff easy for the solos !

what? the first part of that sentence has nothing to do with the second part.

i just meant you dont have to play a song you dont necassarily(sp?) like because it has a show off solo. just play what you like whether its fast or not.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
thx dudes, yeah racer x is pretty dam good :P, oh and i like fast solos, it's not for showing off
Play some classical pieces. No joke

Or folk music. American, Irish/Gaelic, West African, English, Russian, Mexican ect. They each have a different funky groove and you'll naturally incorperate the parts you like into your own music, making your own unique sound.

Best of luck friend.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Hunter/Killer - Quo vadis , I Love this song!
Take a look to this band , they made a lot of great stuff!
Current Gear:
Jackson DK2L
Cort X-2 LH
Bandit 112 80w
Quote by bass guy 129
^hard if youre not the best guitarist on your block, but still very challenging. when i learned it i was so pleased

ya my dad made a deal with me for when he went to china that if i learnded that then hed get me a gibson. but i failed...
I'm going to assume that when you say you're tuned to E you mean E standard, not open E.

Try some Buckethead stuff, maybe, I think most of his stuff is in standard.

Paul Gilbert plays mostly in standard. If you want to be adventurous you could try the sweeps for Get Out Of My Yard.

You should probably also try classical stuff, but I don't know what to reccommend.
Devil Take the Hindmost - Allan Holdsworth

You wanted hard, you got it, kid.

Oh, and I call shenanigans on this whole thread. TS needs a reality check.
Quote by Holy Katana
Devil Take the Hindmost - Allan Holdsworth

You wanted hard, you got it, kid.

Oh, and I call shenanigans on this whole thread. TS needs a reality check.

I second those shenanigans. I listened to his "Hellion" clip on his profile, but if that's his best, he won't be able to do all these suggestions for a while. I don't think... unless he's a prodigy...
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I second those shenanigans. I listened to his "Hellion" clip on his profile, but if that's his best, he won't be able to do all these suggestions for a while. I don't think... unless he's a prodigy...

Yeah, I heard it, too. He's pretty sloppy, and can't seem to play in time. There's no way in hell he can call Megadeth too easy.
Stream of Consciousness - Dream Theater
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Hmm, WELL...

You say mostly metal... I say you do Desert Rose by Eric Johnson. Who cares if it isn't metal. It's... epic.

Or cliffs of dover. Its an "easier" eric johnson piece, yet still challenging.
Not Enough AssHatery

why metal if you soo hmm good at shred mabe you should get out of your comfort zone and learn some jazz or flamenco
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
The Fugue part of Toccata and Fugue, Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony, Serrana by Jason Becker, Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker.

If you are as good as you say your then you should be able to make really complicated chord progressions and improvise over them. If you've mastered that then you should really put some youtube videos up of you playing.

Although it seems like a joke topic...
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Page 1 of 2