i just got a bunch of them but what are you supposed to do with the skinny part at the top of string that isn't the same width as the other part---- cut it all off?
It's used to thread through the tuning pegs. Yes, cutting it off would be the best idea unless you want to roll it up in case the string slips out of the peg.
yea cut it off, when i restring my guitars, i usually cut it with like 1.5-2 inches left beyond the tuner and crimp the rest in case it slips.

ps- this is my personal prefrence, but if it's an eletric guitar you're stringing, dont go w/ d'addrio. idk i just dont like them. but theyre ok for acoustics
Last edited by rocnroll4evr93 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by rocnroll4evr93
yea cut it off, when i restring my guitars, i usually cut it with like 1.5-2 inches left beyond the tuner and crimp the rest in case it slips.

ps- this is my personal preference, but if it's an electric guitar you're stringing, don't go w/ d'addario. I just don't like them. but they're OK for acoustics

I fixed your spelling/grammar, and I agree with the D'addario's are meh part. I much prefer GHS Boomers.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
,<---only uses daddario on my sg---

the boomers are good..but sound to "bright" for me...

use whatever sounds good to you

yup..cut the ends off after your done stringing your guitar