Page 1 of 5
Inspired by the worst pro singer thread. There have been multiple threads about least favorite guitarists and worst guitarists on Youtube, but what about worst guitarists from an almost objective perspective. Who do you think are guitarists who are in "professional" or popular bands but can't play guitar all that well?

Stay away from arguments like, "[guitarist] is overrated," "he's too mainstream," or "omg shredzz n0 emoshuns~?!?!? bt hes s000 br00t4lz"

Also, you can back up your opinion with a youtube link
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
mark tremonti
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Patrick Stump -asshole covered "beat it" and he considered the fill before evhs solos to be the solo and everyone cheered after that even though he cant the EVH solo at all.

oh yea and you know else who sucks? searchbar, that guy is a terrible ****ing guitarist, so bad that you didnt even use him,,

nevermind that thread was from a while ago and probably has a different name, carry on.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
any current new wave punk.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I don't think having a basic guitar style makes you a bad player.

Plenty of guitarists learned guitar because they needed a medium to write songs, not because they wanted mad virtuoso skillz.
Kurt Cobain.

That said, despite his deficiency in technical skills I love what he wrote.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Fuzzbox91
Patrick Stump -asshole covered "beat it" and he considered the fill before evhs solos to be the solo and everyone cheered after that even though he cant the EVH solo at all.

Actually, I think John Mayer did the solo in their version of "Beat It."
Quote by cof_median11
mark tremonti
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoH0AWJNv-k&feature=related

not the best by any means, but in no way the worst.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Nearly any punk guitarist.

Hey! We can play three chords and people will buy our music! Let's call it punk!
Quote by cof_median11
mark tremonti

i want a witten essay with references examples and clarifcation with aa much larger conclusion. otherwise your post is void! =)
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Herman Li is freaking amazing. People bash him all the time, and despite the fact that you may hate his music, he is beyond musically proficient.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by gab4554
Herman Li?

i agree
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by JesusLives
Herman Li is freaking amazing. People bash him all the time, and despite the fact that you may hate his music, he is beyond musically proficient.

He doesn't suck, but he is too damn drunk to play decently on stage.
Quote by Pyrest
Billie Joe Armstrong.

He's actually a pretty proficient guitarist. You would know that if you had heard any of Green Day's music that came out before 1994. The only problem is that he stopped playing good solos in his songs. And, judging by your two favorite guitarists, you're in no position to judge, as they are both better than Billie Joe.
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Last edited by GreenAC/DC123 at Jul 30, 2008,
Quote by Flying Couch
He doesn't suck, but he is too damn drunk to play decently on stage.

Oh, didn't argue with that. But as a sober guitarist, he's probably the best guitarist to ever be on mainstream mtv. (not that I care who is on mtv)
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Jimmy Page

Eric Clapton

No, I am not trolling. I honestly do not think that these "artists" are talented.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by cgolden
Nearly any punk guitarist.

Hey! We can play three chords and people will buy our music! Let's call it punk!

Can you actually name a bad punk guitarist or do you just enjoy being a tool?
Quote by homair
Dave Mustaine. I don't really think he's too bad but in this he's atrocious, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH_yDpyRDU
Is that Burton C Bell singing at 4.00?

Yeah, he can't sing that high, sounded strained and awful.

That wasn't exactly a shining moment for Mustaine, but that's why he hires better guitarists for lead, Mustaine is a helluva rhythem player though, can't be denied.
ownage in this thread is sitback with pocorn worthy.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by homair
Dave Mustaine. I don't really think he's too bad but in this he's atrocious, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH_yDpyRDU

Ya I remember watching that... only thing I can think of as to why he ****ed up so bad is lack of proper warmup/practice before heading on stage.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by freedoms_stain
Is that Burton C Bell singing at 4.00?

Yeah, he can't sing that high, sounded strained and awful.

That wasn't exactly a shining moment for Mustaine, but that's why he hires better guitarists for lead, Mustaine is a helluva rhythem player though, can't be denied.

Aye, tis Burton. The Symphony X vocalist was better than LaBrie in that performance as well.

But Burton should stick to dissing Dino in song
for anyone who says Billie Joe Armstrong!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In1VxpbNvkk

listen to the solo on this, it aint bad

but yea after that album his playing went to ****.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by customisbetter
kirk hammett? from metallica. I have watched about 5 hours worth of footage of his playing and for being the lead guitar player of the greatest metal band in the world, he disappoints.

why would you put yourself through that, his playing on Killemall was really good, too bad he was playing someone elses solos.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Aye, tis Burton. The Symphony X vocalist was better than LaBrie in that performance as well.

But Burton should stick to dissing Dino in song
All the singers who performed there made me realise how good of a singer big Phil Anselmo could be when he put his mind to it.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
why would you put yourself through that, his playing on Killemall was really good, too bad he was playing someone elses solos.

thats the thing, he technically proficient and has great skill (compared to me anyway) but everything he writes is terrible. get a wah, play a three note sweep for 25 to 40 seconds, and you are kirk hammet.
Page 1 of 5