Page 1 of 2
Do any UGers actually go out and buck for money, and if so, whats your stuff like? What do you play?
i made money playing guitar up and down an elevator at a hotel...and i played random chords
myspace.com/crystalignition
Me and friend sometimes play in the front of a mall with a acoustic guitar and mandolin. we make around 10$ for sitting and jamming out some gypsy tunes for about an hour.
havent seen too much of it here in DC... mostly trumpet players or sax players on the street
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
havent seen too much of it here in DC... mostly trumpet players or sax players on the street

I saw a ton of those guys when I was in DC a few years back. It's a nice city. I'd like to visit it again someday.
Yeah, you only need like three or four songs cause who's gonna stand there and listen to you? I've done it a couple times usually make like twenty bucks or so.
All I wanna do is *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* and a *click* *Ka-ching* and take ya money
Pike Place market in seattle is an awesome place to do some street playing.
also during the folklife festival...thats the main reason why we have it.
I've done it twice, once Canon rock by Jerry C with my friend and the other an acoustic cover of Umbrella, didn't go that well though.
Once; when our show got canceled because someone got stabbed in the venue hours before we were due to play. We played some of our songs and some covers acoustically outside and most people who came to the show, and some randoms, pitched some change for gas money and food and such. I think we we're playing in Vancouver at the time...
I do it pretty frequently. I usually just use my TAylor (hopefully upgrading to a Carvin soon), but sometimes I bust out my Microcube + Epiphone.
actually one night last year my best friend and i played an open mic acoustic show, just a few songs. so after the bar closed we sat outside and jammed for a while. some of the drunk people that walked buy dropped dollars on our cases, i thought it was cool...
incubus rocks my world
Quote by Flying Couch
I do it pretty frequently. I usually just use my TAylor (hopefully upgrading to a Carvin soon), but sometimes I bust out my Microcube + Epiphone.

what do you play?
Quote by PinkFloyd73
what do you play?

Primarily classic rock. Zeppelin, Allman Bros., Doobies Bros., Heart, Skynyrd - just stuff that sounds nice acoustic. Every now and then I do an Iron Maiden or Metallica song, and I usually take requests, provided I'm not in some fucked up alternate tuning.
i do sometimes
last time i went me and my friend did a lot of Blues improv.
and i played a little santana afterwards
i think we made $50(25 each)

other times i would bring my trumpet and someone else would play guitar along
yeh me and mate do it in town like every weekend. we play like foo fighters, oasis, nirvana, some of our own stuff and i do billy bragg.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
thats pretty dope, i would go out and do it, but i cant sing worth a **** so you know

no cash fo moi.
I got booted out of two malls when I tried playing my accordion in public. Made about 20 bucks in 20 minutes, though!

Harmonica goes over really well, actually. Some Marine in full uniform dropped his card in my hat when I was playing outside a movie theatre.

Just play chords an nonsense. Suckers that drop money on buskers are usually trying to impress some girlfriend by being chic. Or for something to write on their Myspace about.
Ive seen some good musicians around where I live. One time I saw this guitarist with one arm playing pretty good. And this other guy with a violin treating it like a guitar. Ive never done it before, I dont see the point.
Quote by Like I Is
I got booted out of two malls when I tried playing my accordion in public. Made about 20 bucks in 20 minutes, though!

What are the laws about playing in public in the UK, cause I wouldn't mind going outside (first time in my life?) and playing somewhere.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
You see it all the time on the underground. The other day we joind a guy who was singing Bob Dylan. We didn't get a share of the profits
I wasn't even busking, I was just noodling waiting for a bus, and people threw money at me.

Shit's awesome.
Me and a friend one time took a train to a random city (which turned out to be Porto), went there, we brought 2 acoustics and played on the streets to get money to come back
With was awesome tho, we played random chord stuffs and some easy acoustic songs, but we didn't get enough money xD, had to spend some of my own.
Greedy bastards
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
Me and a friend one time took a train to a random city (which turned out to be Porto), went there, we brought 2 acoustics and played on the streets to get money to come back
With was awesome tho, we played random chord stuffs and some easy acoustic songs, but we didn't get enough money xD, had to spend some of my own.
Greedy bastards

Playing guitar in train stations isn't a good idea, it's full of mitras, getting them to chase or steal your guitar isn't fun.
is there an official term for this? I'm trying to find out if it's legal where I live, but I think there's an official term, anyone know?
its called busking
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
ya its called loitering and possibly soliciting but who gives a **** the worst they could do is make ya go somewhere else.
i've actually done it in my school with a sign , kindly made by my friend, saying the funds go towards a mail order bride

i made somewhere near 5 dollars that day. and a tampon? someone threw that in there.

i defintiely need a sign that says free candy on it though
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by muel333
ya its called loitering and possibly soliciting but who gives a **** the worst they could do is make ya go somewhere else.

so say me and a friend played in, say, a mall, they couldn't get me for being a "nuisance"?
Quote by PinkFloyd73
whats a good alternative to not singing?

Just play your instrument.

I don't sing, and rarely talk when I do it. I just sit there and play. I don't really do it for the money, but sometimes it's nice to get outside on a nice day and just play my guitar. The money doesn't hurt, but I'm not doing it just for that.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by PinkFloyd73
whats a good alternative to not singing?

playing really cool sounding instrumentals. Orion is good.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by filthandfury
You see it all the time on the underground. The other day we joind a guy who was singing Bob Dylan. We didn't get a share of the profits

Was he any good? What songs did he play?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2