I was looking at guitar bridges and came across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREM-KING-NEW-TREM-BRIDGE-TK-1-BLACK-GUITAR-PARTS_W0QQitemZ360037732753QQihZ023QQcategoryZ41407QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

i tried looking for something that compared this to a floyd rose but didn't find anything. would i be better off getting a floyd rose or is this worth how much it costs?

thanks!
i think a floyd would be more to your liking.
im no expert on tremolos however, but this seems to be some sort of cheap knockoff
That trem king set up is for strats looks like or guitars with that style bridge. The saddles actually slide back and forth to give the wammy. But they also call it a "vibrato" which is gonna mean not a whole lot of movement either way. And still wouldnt solve headstock tuning issues. Its definatly not a replacement for a FR. More like a replacement for a bigsby.
Quote by Tackleberry
That trem king set up is for strats looks like or guitars with that style bridge. The saddles actually slide back and forth to give the wammy. But they also call it a "vibrato" which is gonna mean not a whole lot of movement either way. And still wouldnt solve headstock tuning issues. Its definatly not a replacement for a FR. More like a replacement for a bigsby.

Did you watch the video? The guy is getting a lot of movement from that trem, way moe than you could get with a Bigsby. While it won't be as stable as a Floyd or Khaler with a locking nut it'll still be better than any strat style trem and would be pretty kickass with some locking tuners and a graphite nut.

I plan on throwing one of these in a Warmoth Partscaster eventually (will probably never happen though )

Realized the link wasn't to the demonstration video. Go here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6yVCDupag
Last edited by JD Red LP at Aug 1, 2008,
That sounds like an incredible technology, it took my a few minutes to fully understand. If it is EXACTLY what it says it is, i would buy one tomorrow. However, you would be much better off with a Floyd Rose tremolo, and come back to this when you have more money.