Page 1 of 3
What have you accomplished since you started playing that makes you happy?

I got mine a year ago and went from struggling through ba ba black sheep (my guitar teacher thinks he's funny) to being able to struggle through F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and do that tapping part of Crush My Battle Opponent's Balls.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
Most of "Far Beyond the Sun."

Yngwie's an asshole and I dislike his music, but goddamn that feels cool.
i can play most of martys solos in Hangar 18, except for some of the slide ones at the end

i can play most of Killemall

i can play dave mustaines part on "devils Island"

thats about it.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i can play most of martys solos in Hangar 18, except for some of the slide ones at the end

i can play most of Killemall

i can play dave mustaines part on "devils Island"

thats about it.

I envy you
I'm very good at improvising blues .

I can play Eruption, intro tap to Hot For Teacher and MoP.

Oh and I'm learning how to sweep .

Jedit: Oh and I can play Mario and Pingu! !
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Jul 30, 2008,
Pretty much just becoming a more creative player, learning the money solo was cool just because its mass fun to play.
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
learning the differences between all the modes. and some of the stuff i've written.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
The fact that I am able to write alot of my own music

I can't play any covers worth **** though,
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Red Barchetta - Rush

Not really hard, doesn't take a giant amount of talent, but BOY IS IT ****ING FUN.

Pretty much every time I sit down to play guitar I ATLEAST play the intro to this song.
mastering the sweep its prettty sweet though i looked liked an asshole when i sucked at it
punk isnt dead..... its just being played by a bunch of pussy's

co-founder mospits radio supplying your rock and metal needs since 2008 join now!
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/moshradio/

join the mario kart group before we find you!!
Quote by Dog--
Red Barchetta - Rush

Not really hard, doesn't take a giant amount of talent, but BOY IS IT ****ING FUN.

Pretty much every time I sit down to play guitar I ATLEAST play the intro to this song.

Yeah dude same here, HARMONIX FTW!!

I'm really proud of how much I've taught myself. I've never taken lessons before but I know all about theory and modes and all that good stuff. I'm also really proud of my song writing, and my knowledge of chords.
I still can't play F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. on the guitar. I'm just not fast enough for it...
Though apart form the verse bit, i can play the rest without much problem...
Still wonder how the hell can the dude play that riff n sing that song at the same time!!
I'm proud to know that I'm improving. I remember when I got my guitar I couldn't play things like Black Dog or Unholy Confessions, but just knowing that I improved makes me feel good.

/noob moment
LARGE TEXT
I can play many acoustic songs n sing them at the same time though... One thing to make me happy!!
I can play many tool riffs too...
Holy wars, almost.
I can sweep very well sooo...
But I can play Ghostship Part IV by TFOT
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
Quote by postmortem2006
I envy you

maybe im exaggerating a bit here,

i can only play the first four or 5 solos of hangar 18. the part with the slides (right when the song makes the transition to an all out guitar jam) i cant do well at all, i can do mustaines ok.

and for most of killemall, i can play, Jump in the fire (cant do teh last solo exacly but i can do it similar) the four horsemen, seek and destroy, Whiplash, No Remorse, Phantom Lord, with all of the solos, i can do hit the lights but not that well. so not counting Anesthesia thats 6/9 songs. and i never said perfectly but i can play along to it and could probably play it live if i had a band. trust me if you actually heard me play you probably wouldnt envy me
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Dog--
That's terrible, I'm sorry.

you better be joking asshole
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Knowing that the stuff I can play now would've kicked my ass a few months ago.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
i can sweep 9 nps and do some sweep tapped arpeggios such as in Selkies by BTBAM and im getting pretty fast at alternate picking. some of those dream theater arpeggios are still pretty dangerously cool to play though, such as 'The Glass Prison'. I mastered the intro sweeps (i sweep them, petrucci aka god alternate picks them). Its still soo cool to play those. along with learning theory and writing 2 tech death songs and 3 prog metal riffs in 2 years i dont think thats too bad

EDIT: accidentaly hit 4 instead of 2 in the 'in 2 years part'
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Learning the second Comfortably Numb solo

Quote by Colton165
i can sweep 9 nps and do some sweep tapped arpeggios such as in Selkies by BTBAM and im getting pretty fast at alternate picking. some of those dream theater arpeggios are still pretty dangerously cool to play though, such as 'The Glass Prison'. I mastered the intro sweeps (i sweep them, petrucci aka god alternate picks them). Its still soo cool to play those. along with learning theory and writing 2 tech death songs and 3 prog metal riffs in 2 years i dont think thats too bad

EDIT: accidentaly hit 4 instead of 2 in the 'in 2 years part'

Not bad? That's great man. I play for 3 years, and can play Glass Prison only at 75% of the speed.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 30, 2008,
I can play just as clearly without Dist/Overdrive as with a ton of it.

Also I seem to have pretty good tone through my fingers. Well, I like it anyways.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by IEatOrphans
I can also play a lot more songs, fully. This was just my most recent achievement.

What you can play is fine for your amount of time playing. Don't listen to these people trying to bring you down.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Um i can almost play Viking Kong by Paul Gilbert but I'm a little bit slower on the solos but a little more pratice and I'll be there
I got slightly more confident in my playing when I was able to sing and play F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. at the same time. Still working on Ghostship V though.
Been playing about 7 months and I'm getting better at most things. Haven't started sweep picking yet though. Can play the Crossroads intro almost at full speed + a few other full songs. Love to improvise blues and such, things only get better I suppose. But I will never forget how much I sucked when I first started. We all did. Except for that Korean kid who could pwn pretty much all of us at guitar....
uhm, i can downstroke everything i play completely. including master of puppets
Quote by Tom_hatton
As are you, a fuckin' 10 for SiC08klok
I know it's noobish, but I just love playing Weezer...
"say it ain't so" in like, a day, which was huge for me...=P
Welcome Home...I play it everytime I sit down...almost.
PRS SE Custom
Line 6 Spider III

travislausch wrote:

Oli_88 wrote:
You'd kill yourself if you saw some of The Fall Of Troys song titles.

Possible future Fall Of Troy song title here?
I only know the introduction to a spoonful of slurry by Tera Melos but i feel so cool when i play it.
Hmm... Well I learned the intro to Glasgow Kiss, which is a big thing for me because its far and away from what I'm used to playing, I figured out Pinball Wizard yesterday, its fun as hell to play.
I don't know if I still can, but I could play through the whole solo in Fiddler on the Green by Demons and Wizards. Fun, but pretty hard.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
Quote by urik
Learning the second Comfortably Numb solo

Not bad? That's great man. I play for 3 years, and can play Glass Prison only at 75% of the speed.

cool i didnt know i had progressed that quickly. i also practice at least 4 hours each day. lately during the summer its been 10-12 hours of practice
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Coming up with my own basslines, guitar riffs/backing, and drumbeats. Yea I basically tell my bandmates what to do and I love it.
I don't mean to brag, but I've only been playing guitar seriously since last November and I can play most of Holy Wars by Megadeth and many Arch Enemy songs at full speed. Not too great at those fast solos yet, but I'd say I'm pretty good at slow solos, which I prefer anyway.
Page 1 of 3