I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the headstock of my cheap Epiphone to hold incense. Any ideas how this should be done? I'm thinking of just using a drill-bit dremel. I realize I can really mess it up but it's like I have an impulsive disorder or something. So please talk me out of it :[
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
You are talking about drilling holes in your guitar. Dont.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

that might be the stupidest reason for drilling a hole in your guitar i've ever heard.
incense? do you sweat a lot when you play or somethin?
Incense are pretty relaxing, weird how smells are most connected with memory in humans. My parents used to burn incense, the smell just reminds me of good times.

I do not use cannabis.

Nah, I'm not gonna do this.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Just put an incense holder on top of the amp if you really want it as part of your gear.
What do you mean HOW? Take your damn incense, find a drill bit the same size, drill a hole.

/thread.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
lol people with incense don't care about material ****.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Invader Jim
We burn incense. It's great. The ashes aren't actually hot, though, so no worries. And do you seriously have to ask how to drill a hole?

My thoughts exactly!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
The questions people ask makes you wonder how cavemen ever figured out how to make useful tools from rocks.
if you actually end up doing it, you should probably drill the hole at like a 20 or 30 degree angle from the headstock. so it doesn't just stick straight out and look retarded. (more so?) the hole wont be that big so it shouldn't be too noticable if you run out of incense. its still gonna lower the resale value though
Quote by Invader Jim
The ashes aren't actually hot, though, so no worries.

ashes are never hot. it's the glowing ember you need to be concerned with. i have a friend of mine who lit some incense and put it on his incense holder. he didnt put it in all the way and it fell out, apparently rolled off the desk and dropped to the floor. since incense is designed to burn until it is out it eventually lit up the carpet. he now has a monument to his stupidity that is about 20 inches across.

so i say go ahead and turn your headstock into an incense holder. the world needs more candidates for darwin awards.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

(I hope someone sigs that...)

ok
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Incense are pretty relaxing, weird how smells are most connected with memory in humans. My parents used to burn incense, the smell just reminds me of good times.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean.. With me it's not incense but some sounds definitely bring on the feeling of nostalgia and good times.

I'm sure theres some way to rig a holder or something to the headstock. If worse comes to worse you can just tape them on! Haha.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

A way that doesnt require a hole is use a cigarette filter. It fits nicely between a string and headstock just stick the wood end in the filter. You will still be dripping the ashes all over the place tho as it burned down.
hahaha
i bet you dont use cannabis lol
smoke a bowl full of hydro then light up that inscense and you'll be smellin some crazy s*** haha i would just use a drill bit and drill into the headstock i dont see wat the problem with that is
Quote by Invader Jim
I love you, dlabooda.

I try.
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Just stick it between the strings behind the nut, or drill the little hole...its not gonna hurt anything.
Quote by Invader Jim

(I hope someone sigs that...)

going to be sigged Jim!

and TS, do it to it. it won't **** up your guitar. put a piece of masking tape on the finish, so it's a little more resistant to becoming brittle, and start with the smallist drill bit possible, and work your way up. =]
Quote by Invader Jim
Awww. beat to it. Twice. :/

Quote by Invader Jim
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
^^^Thats what the head is needed for keep water out of the neck. Although some of use it to keep our brain in.
i think a better idea : drill a hole through the epiphone logo in the head, and put the insense through there