And I've loosened my low E string, pulled it out of the tuner, and I can't figure out how these pins work. Basically I can't get it out...any tips?

I've changed electric strings hundreds of times, virgin acoustic change.
reach in the hole thing with a coin in hand and find the one you need to get out and push up till it comes out, pretty easy

to make it a little easier you might need to lossen some other strings depending on your hand size
I'd prefer not to allow that much tension release in the strings...lol this is a $850 guitar, so I'm bein ginger with it.
Quote by rossjohnson87
I'd prefer not to allow that much tension release in the strings...lol this is a $850 guitar, so I'm bein ginger with it.

Are you serious? Taking ALL the strings off your guitar won't hurt it one bit, let alone loosening a few. How do you clean your fretboard?
get all the strings loose. then get something long and sharp and get under the ball on the pins and use the wood as leverage. pull them up.
Quote by rossjohnson87

If you break the pins you can always buy another set. So anyways yea when I first tried to pulled the pins out I was scared. The second time I broke like 3 pins, but I can go to guitar center and buy them.
Simple question. Cant believe there's been 9 replies and it hasnt been answered properly. First, since this is your first time changing strings, check out a tutorial. Theres dozens on the net.
Now, to remove those bridge pins, the simplest method is to push the string even further into the hole. This should release the wedge that the pin has caused. Then pull.
If this is unsuccessful then you may have to use pliers or some other tool. Use a handkerchief or something though to avoid damaging the pins.