I'm trying to decide what ELECTRIC guitar I should get. I am a beginner and have a small budget...$150 top. I want a decent guitar that plays well, but looks good too (no Ibanez). Please help me decide what I should get.
Last edited by Crazymonkey05 at Jul 31, 2008,
Are you going electric,acoustic,or acoustic-electric?
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Dude, for that money you can get a guitar that you'll play for a month or two, and then you would want a new one. Try and save up for a guitar for $250 - $300. For that money you can get a pretty sweet Jackson, Ibanez, Dean, or LTD (cheaper ESP). Trust me on this, I have had plenty of experience. I have had friends that bought cheap guitar sets and quit after two months. If you know you're gonna be dedicated to this, take my advice and do what I did. I got a Jackson Rhoads, which I have been playing for a year now, and I will continue on doing it for many more to come. Later on for the other stuff, just go by your music store and check if they have nice deals on things you would want like a bigger amp, guitar effects and so on. I hope this works for you and have fun playing the guitar. Cheers!
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
save a bit more and you may get a good starter pack from Yamaha, Ibanez, Squier, etc...
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC