Note: I mainly play guitar but bought this beginner bass in case I ever got bored or fancied trying a bass riff...

Yeah, I bought this bass ages ago and played it for a while and it's been put away for months. I was recently listening to "roundabout" by Yes and was inspired to learn the bass riff, so I got my bass out. I remembered why I had put it away, the action was too damned high. It is really hard to play and when you slap it you can't hear ****. I know this isn't a problem with my technique, because I visited the london guitar show, tried an Ibanez bass with low action and it was so easy to play, and slap.

So my point... is it possible to lower the action? I haven't tried myself yet because I don't know how... the bridge looks flimsy and I don't wanna touch it (without advise).

Thanks.
Cheers, I usually read FAQ's but this is my first time in the bass section and just jumped straight to a new thread.
Quote by Morphox
Cheers, I usually read FAQ's but this is my first time in the bass section and just jumped straight to a new thread.

Yeah, thats what most people tend to do...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
dude just mees with the bridge. there isnt anything you could damage unless you do something really stupid.
now messing with the neck is another story
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400