Page 1 of 3
I am growing my hair out and then, once I get sick of having it, getting dreads. Then after having dreads for a while (and getting sick of those) I'll chop them off and have boyish hair. After mentioning this, most friends either tell me 'You are crazy. No.' or 'Go for it, babe'

So, I'd like your opinion. What do you think of dreads on girls?
(I'm still getting them done regardless, I'd just like to hear some thoughts of completely unrelated people on the topic in general)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I dunno if they will match your beard. But girls can look good with dread IMO sometimes. As long as they aren't dressed in dirty looking clothes etc.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Everyone looks sexy with dreads.

*looks in mirror*
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
sexy as hell =D
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
Dreads are weird looking.

But i suppose it should go great with your beard.
Quote by Jericho114
I dunno if they will match your beard. But girls can look good with dread IMO sometimes. As long as they aren't dressed in dirty looking clothes etc.

Woops I should probably give a non-bearded picture as an example

That one's really recent. My hair is naturally curly but when it's straight it comes down to my shoulder blades. I'm probably going to wait until it comes down to my elbows to get the dreads.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by synpet713192
Dreads on anyone are atrocious. Don't do it.

this
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Jul 30, 2008,
I think they look good when they're up in a ponytail. So, yeah, they look good on girls.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
They look good on certain girls. I want to get dreads so badly but I need a job first.
girls with dreads are amazing
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
DO. NOT. WANT.

Seriously, most girls can't pass the look off very well.
I think it depends. You still kind of get a ...'not as clean' look to you, but on some girls they really pull it off. By your hair though you might be grouped unjustly into one of the token pothead kids
I hate dreads in general, but even more so on girls.

It's just a personal preference, though.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Jul 30, 2008,
I saw what looked like a 12/13 year-old girl with dreads just the other day. 'Twas sort of weird...
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Are braids any better?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by synpet713192

yea i agree, i like washing my hair.

but just do what you want. you know what would be awesome, if you just said "man i really want dreads in fact so much that i dont give a **** what anyone says and im not going to ask a guitar forum filled with rickrolling 14 year olds what they think of it because i dont give a ****" but to answer your initial question, i dont think dreads look good on anyone, but if the person has a nice body/personality, then it doesnt really matter.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
yea i agree, i like washing my hair.

but just do what you want. you know what would be awesome, if you just said "man i really want dreads in fact so much that i dont give a **** what anyone says and im not going to ask a guitar forum filled with rickrolling 14 year olds what they think of it because i dont give a ****" but to answer your initial question, i dont think dreads look good on anyone, but if the person has a nice body/personality, then it doesnt really matter.

I really don't give a flying fuck when it pertains to me, to be honest lol. I just thought it'd be an interesting discussion. I want dreads, and mama gets what mama wants.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Terrible movie, hot chick.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You can pull it off, I think you should go for it. I mean if you don't like it you could just get a nice short hair cut.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by vintage x metal
Are braids any better?

Try braids since you can take them out but I still like dreads.
It depends. Sometimes the just look weird. I do have a strange attraction to chicks with dreads though. I plan on getting them myself.
Quote by anoreorcist12
sexy as hell =D

I agree with him.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
DNW
personally i would never

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
Quote by vintage x metal
I really don't give a flying fuck when it pertains to me, to be honest lol. I just thought it'd be an interesting discussion. I want dreads, and mama gets what mama wants.

ok then, mama.

i think dreads are cool if you listen to reggae or are a male member of a band with a female singer (seriously EVERY ****ing band with a female singer has a bunch of guys with dreads in it) but i just dont think they look that great, well actually if you put a bandanna over them they look kidn of badass.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Do it, dreads are sexy as hell if they are done right. Get them done by a professional though. That way they'll look good.
Quote by synpet713192

+1, especially on girls. You can't shampoo them when you shower either. They're nasty.
Quote by dr.rock666
thats gross.
i say u should never do it.

ick...it makes you look so dirty and trashy

A dude with a status saying "the cum chugger" has flawed opinions in the whole dirty and trashy department.

Dreads on a chick can look pretty rad depending on how the person pulls it off.
Page 1 of 3