I was looking around my local pawn shop the other day and found a used Peavey Bandit 112 for around $100, and I reckon it's a good deal.(I've yet to try it out though)

It's one of the older models, so I was just wondering if anybody here had some experience with it.How much of a difference is there between it and the newer ones? I've looked around for some sound clips/reviews, and I'm impressed by what I've seen so far. Just looking for some opinions on it.
Deluxe Player's Strat
Soon-to-be(Hopefully)- Peavey Bandit
Quote by GNR-FAN
I was looking around my local pawn shop the other day and found a used Peavey Bandit 112 for around $100, and I reckon it's a good deal.(I've yet to try it out though)

It's one of the older models, so I was just wondering if anybody here had some experience with it.How much of a difference is there between it and the newer ones? I've looked around for some sound clips/reviews, and I'm impressed by what I've seen so far. Just looking for some opinions on it.

If it works, for $100 I would buy it.

I bought one in 2003 and had it for 4 or 5 years.

Its a good practice amp good for jamming with a band etc, even some smaller gigs But be warned once you crank it loud, it does sound pretty bad.

But for $100 I would take it as long as nothings broken.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
If it works, for $100 I would buy it.

I bought one in 2003 and had it for 4 or 5 years.

Its a good practice amp good for jamming with a band etc, even some smaller gigs But be warned once you crank it loud, it does sound pretty bad.

But for $100 I would take it as long as nothings broken.

Did you turn the T-Dynamics up? Mine sounds a little bit harsh but it's bearable cranked, better than any other SS I've heard anyway.
Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check if the thing works

I don't really care how loud the thing gets, as long as the thing can be heard over drums. If the need ever arises, I'll hook it up to a P.A. system or something to that extent. I'm really just looking for good tone.
Deluxe Player's Strat
Soon-to-be(Hopefully)- Peavey Bandit
Well this thing is loud enough to cover drums. It keeps up with my lead guitarists 200W Randall with ease. So yeah don't worry about how loud it gets especially if they use PA systems at the places your gigging.
Thats funny this thread came up, I was just going thru my garage and found my old bandit 112 with sheffield speakers. Well its going to be my main practice amp for now, I dont know why I ever put it away.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I had mine for ages, and it served me very well. Definitely one of the best SS combos on the market, I would definitely snatch it up. The distortion channel is great, and the clean channel is pretty fair too.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
the lead guitarist for my band has one...and its 80 watts, and it keeps up with my other guitarist, and he has a 120 watt.

and, it keeps up with me on drums, so that means it can get loud..haha

i would deffenitly get it...its a steal alright..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums