Page 1 of 2
Which are some of your favorites? The song itself doesn't necessarily have to be good.
My favorites are
Hammer Smashed Face -Cannibal Corpse
****ed To Death -Devourment
and of course
Chapter Of Obeisance Before Giving Breath To Inert One In The Presence Of The Crescent Shaped Horns -Nile
Jesus Wept - Suffocation
Babykiller - Devourment
Lesbian Stool Orgy - Gorgasm

Edit: and of course Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is in the Water by Nile.
prostatic fluid asphyxiation-whitechapel, deathcore not death metal ik, plz dont flame
(signature removed, please choose another)
Slayer-Here Comes The Pain. And Slayer was death metal before death metal started to suck.
Quote by Soroki
Slayer-Here Comes The Pain. And Slayer was death metal before death metal started to suck.

They were never death metal, so that cancels out the whole "they were death metal before it started to suck" statement. Influential to the genre? Yes. Death metal? No. And death metal in its current state doesn't suck. There are some bad bands out there, sure, but there are also some great bands coming out today.

What is up the metal forum today? So many dumb posts and threads have been popping up recently.
Ok...so why is it that they were called death metal back in the day...I'm so lost now....what the hell is death metal these days anyway......just some guy whaling on his E string while another guy sounds like he's choking....and some nice lyrics inspired by watching Saw too many times...
Quote by Soroki
Ok...so why is it that they were called death metal back in the day...I'm so lost now....what the hell is death metal these days anyway......just some guy whaling on his E string while another guy sounds like he's choking....and some nice lyrics inspired by watching Saw too many times...

You aren't serious, are you?
I am serious....and no I'm not stupid, as much as I'm sure you'd likely love to jump to that conclusion......but yeah back to the topic.....
Quote by Soroki
I am serious....and no I'm not stupid, as much as I'm sure you'd likely love to jump to that conclusion......but yeah back to the topic.....

Well, then I would like to jump to the conclusion that you don't know what you are talking about. Not stupid, just not informed on what death metal is. Look at some Origin or Spawn of Possession tabs. They aren't riding the E string the whole time. If anything, thrash does that the most.

But, back on topic. Another one of my favorites is Slit You Guts by Cryptopsy. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's a shame.
****storm - syl(btw how many people besides me listens to syl and the rest of devin?)
mutilate the still born - necrophagist
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
You will be Reincarnated as an Imperial Attack Spaceturtle by Behold... the Arctopus.

BEST SONG TITLE EVER!

2nd best: Alcoholocaust

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by AmonMortem
I don't know if I would call SYL death metal.

death/thrash close enough?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
MDSPT (Molesting Down Syndrome Pre-Teens) by Amputated
In fact, anything by Amputated is genius.

Also, not a song but Goratory's album title Sexual Intercorpse does amuse me.
Quote by bootyguard
You will be Reincarnated as an Imperial Attack Spaceturtle by Behold... the Arctopus.

BEST SONG TITLE EVER!

2nd best: Alcoholocaust

Quote by Linqua5150
****storm - syl(btw how many people besides me listens to syl and the rest of devin?)

Oh, well, as long as, in this death metal thread, we're talking about all sorts of bands that aren't death metal, "Face Fisted" is a freakin' badass title.
Annotations of an autopsy, not so much death metal, and new album sucks but this song title is halarious:

Fisted To The Point Of Regurgitation
Quote by IronMaiden5
Well, then I would like to jump to the conclusion that you don't know what you are talking about. Not stupid, just not informed on what death metal is. Look at some Origin or Spawn of Possession tabs. They aren't riding the E string the whole time. If anything, thrash does that the most.

But, back on topic. Another one of my favorites is Slit You Guts by Cryptopsy. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's a shame.

I have to agree. As much as I love slayer, riding on the E string is honestly one of the most accurate descriptions of their songwriting.

But anyways, Hidden in Flesh- Spawn of Possession, and Abomination Reborn- Suffocation.
best title: Soul evisceration - Bloodbath
Worst title: Reward system malfunction - Abhorrent
Abhorrent is a band from texas that is going to put out an EP soon. http://www.myspace.com/abhorrentdm
Necrophagist - Only Ash Remains
Theory in Practice - Colonizing the Sun

Quote by Shinsen88
As He Creates So He Destroys ~ Nile

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
dechristianize - vital remains

pseudopathological vivisection - necrophagist

intestinal incubation - necrophagist

papyrus containing the spell to preserve its possessor against attacks from he who is within the water - nile

how cme nile songs always have such long names?
Quote by blommen
how cme nile songs always have such long names?

Because;

Nile > You.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Worst thread ever.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Worst thread ever.

Congratulations, you just made the worst post in the worst thread ever.

An Abstract Illusion
Cliteater - Hobo Shooting
Rompeprop - I am the Dolphin Sprayhole Fucker
Amputated - Anally Disemboweled (Weapons of ass destruction)

Who says metal lacks humor?
Quote by Guitarmike123

Rompeprop - I am the Dolphin Sprayhole Fucker
Who says metal lacks humor?

Eaten. Bloodbath.

Simple. yet. br00tal.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
Yes, simple yet brutal are my favorite. The ones that are very straight to the point.
Shredisode IV - Anchorhead
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Soroki

Go away, your ignorance and bad taste are an embarrassment to the metal forum.

Nailed Through Her Cunt - Aborted
screaming afterbirth - stum ****ed piss flaps
rompeprop - the erected underwater necro clitstomper
carcass - genital grinder
Cannibal Corpses title's are always pretty great.

" To Kill Myself "
" I Will Kill You "
" The time to kill is now "
" Created to kill "
two and a half men.
Quote by Linqua5150

Dude syl rules and so does hevydevy!

I think necropedophile by CC is a pretty crazy-ass title. Chris Barnes was a morbid son of a bitch
Page 1 of 2