I used the search bar and I couldn't find a post that was already up about my question. I want the tone from john mayer's continuum cd. I really love the tone on I don't trust myself with lovin you. I wish that i could find out what effects etc he's using on that track. It sounds like a roto vibe/uni vibe... any help is appreciated
Two Rock/Dumble amps. Strat. Keeley Modded TS808 and Blues Driver (not sure about the TS). Slightly overwound formvar pick-ups. That should be the gist of it.
Quote by Iceman 420
Two Rock/Dumble amps. Strat. Keeley Modded TS808 and Blues Driver (not sure about the TS). Slightly overwound formvar pick-ups. That should be the gist of it.

this plus vintage strat w/ dunlop 6000 frets, on a slab type rosewood board (or similar)

and hands (thicker strings as well)
In short a **** load of cash and a **** load of talent.

Ceriatone make a Dumble clone and it seems to get very positive reviews. One of them a Tubescreamer and a decent strat will get you the gear, but not the tone that come from the hands.
Quote by willis4
In short a **** load of cash and a **** load of talent.

Ceriatone make a Dumble clone and it seems to get very positive reviews. One of them a Tubescreamer and a decent strat will get you the gear, but not the tone that come from the hands.

where can i find the dumble clone?