yes, over the drinking age
94 20%
no, under the drinking age
115 25%
yes, under the drinking age
226 49%
Voters: 460.
Page 1 of 5
simple question. i do not, nor do i ever plan to.

from a textbook

"Alcohol consumption is the most socially accepted form of drug use worldwide...the approximate number of adults that consume alcohol in the United States on a regular basis is 65%, of which 5% are heavy drinkers."

Surprisingly less than most would think, considering it is everywhere. It is encouraging to realize that over 1/3 people in the US don't drink.

also says roughly 80% of college students drink, i am the 1 in 5 that doesn't.
good for you.dont worry your life will fall to pieces and you wills stoop to alcholism and blow your liver. the only way to stop it happening is to start moderate drinking and get laid every other week.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Nope, I'm underage. I know I'll have a few beers sometime in the future just because, but I don't plan on getting wasted every weekend. I'm just not part of that crowd.
I'd rather smoke weed.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by jables23092
simple question. i do not, nor do i ever plan to.

from a textbook

"Alcohol consumption is the most socially accepted form of drug use worldwide...the approximate number of adults that consume alcohol in the United States on a regular basis is 65%, of which 5% are heavy drinkers."

Surprisingly less than most would think, considering it is everywhere. It is encouraging to realize that over 1/3 people in the US don't drink.

also says roughly 80% of college students drink, i am the 1 in 5 that doesn't.

I'm with ya. In college, overage, don't drink. Too expensive (I'd rather waste money on concerts) plus I've seen it destroy too many lives.
No, I do not consume alcohol atm and have no idea if I will in the future.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Drinking age where I live is 18...so I'm good to go. Right now going through the Heinekeg phase.
Whats wrong with drinking. Just don't get really wasted all the time and your liver will live. No need to cut it out completely.
Quote by x0rsist
good for you.dont worry your life will fall to pieces and you wills stoop to alcholism and blow your liver. the only way to stop it happening is to start moderate drinking and get laid every other week.

I've seen this happen to so many people. How many? Every "1 in 5, I don't drink at college" person that I've ever met. Also, yes to casual sex preventing your life from falling to ****.
my problem is i go out on the student nights, when the booze is 1 50 a bottle.
i was only 10 hrs off a flight back from 3 weeks in USA when i hit the local club student night on an empty stomach, got wasted and ended up walking 2 miles home alone drunk.

EDIT: Last night to be precise.

trust me my friend, any form of expansive social night out will see you consuming alcohol at one point.
Gear:
I was born in Alberta, where the drinking age is 18, so if I still lived there, or if I moved to Quebec, it would be perfectly legal. Oh well, soon enough.
hug your local pug dealer!
I encourage it. I think parents need to teach their kids how to drink responsibly, otherwise they'll end up learning how and what to drink from the wrong people.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Yes, I drink. I haven't, however, been hammered.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Everyone here drinks because they think they look cool.
Id much rather drink a pepsi, and id much rather smoke pot than to drink alcohol.
I do enjoy beer, but still, pepsi is better <3.
(plus im still young, but legal drinking age here is 16 )
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Jul 31, 2008,
I've had a few sips of wine here and there, but I've never been drunk and I don't plan to. Maybe when I'm older I'll have a few drinks once in a while, but the prospect of getting piss drunk and forgetting what happened and waking up on the floor in a pool of my own vomit with a splitting headache does not appeal to me in the slightest.
kill all humans
Quote by Funkbass796
I encourage it. I think parents need to teach their kids how to drink responsibly, otherwise they'll end up learning how and what to drink from the wrong people.

BINGO!

although you could be like me, i made those decisions myself and form the influnce of my mother since my father is ultra-religious.
he refused to give me the "boys talk" back then and refuses to belive i even touch alcohol,(i do it blatantly so he must know)

I found out how to driink responsibly from friends and experience.
same with sex and other social issues liked rugs.

Quote by Popsai
Id much rather drink a pepsi, and id much rather smoke pot than to drink alcohol.

no its a social activity, and some taste good.

the "tipsy" feeling is good, and helps me relax and loosen up.

Pepsi tastes good but all it does is rot your teeth and give you wind.
Gear:
i drink occasionally. not too get "FOCKED UP HXC MANG", just to chill and have a good time with friends. i'm not really a big fan of it, i prefer weed and a few other drugs over drinking, but it's nice once in a while.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I <3 Beer.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
the term "consume" is a pretty wide spectrum to define. Im dont get wasted alot but i like alcohol. Ive only drank maybe 10 times in my life and been drunk only once.

But i do "consume" alcohol, hence that if its offered id drink it.

but i like weed better i think, allthough alcohol is growing on me.
yeah I drink alcohol on some occasions. I usually do it just like a cup of martina or grape or some **** w.e. but one night I had like 10 spots and chugged a bottle or something. Before I even touched any wine I was like straight egde like I'd make a oath never to drink in my life.

Of course that's not possible if you have some sort of a social life. It's nice to just go with the flow of the crowd instead of drinking apple juice all night...

but yeah dude you'll be fine just dont let it consume your life or anything. just every 2 weeks or something. try not to get wasted though. you don't need to turn your liver into a rock just to have a good time.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
It's "encouraging" that a third of the US doesn't drink?

Alcohol consumption is almost always in moderation and little to no harm occurs. It's not like drinking alcohol is something that has to be eradicated. So what is it encouraging for exactly? Even the statistics say that the vast majority of people aren't heavy drinkers. Don't let the minority ruin it for everyone else who do know their limit.

Quote by Popsai

Kids who drink underage may drink alcohol to look cool. I'm 20 and I certainly don't drink to look cool.
Drinking is fun with friends, just only drink as much as you feel like. Don't use it as a crutch for any of life's problems and you'll be fine. It is a drug, i treat it like a drug, just like weed. Its only bad if it interupts your life, in moderation its enjoyable and to me, worth it.
Quote by i_am_teh_walrus
You do know there is a difference between getting plastered and enjoying a pint or two, right? There is nothing wrong with drinking, just keep it in check.

yes, im providing some advice, i.e when theres cheap drinks, make sur you drinks save money and dont just buy more.
i like the high prices of alcohol, it encourages me to drink less and not get plastered.
Gear:
Alcohol can have some health benefits if you drink responsibly. So why you wouldn't once you can legally drink is beyond me.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Atomic48
Alcohol can have some health benefits if you drink responsibly. So why you wouldn't once you can legally drink is beyond me.

That's only true for red wine IIRC.

Quote by x0rsist
yes, im providing some advice, i.e when theres cheap drinks, make sur you drinks save money and dont just buy more.
i like the high prices of alcohol, it encourages me to drink less and not get plastered.

If you have the self control when it comes to alcohol, you won't need the high prices as encouragement.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

If you have the self control when it comes to alcohol, you won't need the high prices as encouragement.

beer also has many antioxidants (depending on the beer, the amount varies).

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=4822
#DTWD
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's "encouraging" that a third of the US doesn't drink?

Alcohol consumption is almost always in moderation and little to no harm occurs. It's not like drinking alcohol is something that has to be eradicated. So what is it encouraging for exactly? Even the statistics say that the vast majority of people aren't heavy drinkers. Don't let the minority ruin it for everyone else who do know their limit.

It is encouraging because i'm assuming that if you asked somebody to guess how many people don't drink the number he/she guesses would be much smaller, and many people feel obligated to drink or believe it is necessary to enjoy yourself (i've always believed that you have to be a pretty boring person if you have to alter your state to enjoy yourself). With regard to little or no harm occurring, any drug consumption is obviously going to affect the body (thats what they do), often in a negative way. Artificial or excessive neurotransmitters in the body are never a good thing.

I just think its reassuring to see that despite the advertising and the promotion of it everywhere, many people take their health or own personal feelings or beliefs with a slightly higher regard. I'm not insulting anybody for choosing to drink — it is interesting to see how defensive some people get though. And in case you are wondering, many people's choice concerning alcohol has little or nothing to do with religion, as is my case.

Quote by primusfan
beer also has many antioxidants (depending on the beer, the amount varies).

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=4822

It does more harm than good.
May be good for your heart n stuff. But it sure does **** up your liver. And Liver cirrhosis is a horrible disease.

And one could hardly trust that website. It doesn't look very creditable.
No. And I hate it when people feel the need to tell the world that got drunk threw up all over the place and passed out. I don't see how that's cool or appealing. Throwing up all over the place, passing out, and waking up with a throbbing headache and not remembering what happened doesn't seem cool or appealing to me.
And when people talk about the health benefits i find it funny. Even if they are few and speculative, people will try and use them to validate consuming something (i.e. ice cream has protein!)

you know what else has antioxidants? fruit! hell they even make tiny little antioxidant pills and all other kinds of things that, if your body needs, are great for you, no negative side effects included.

sorry that is off topic, but i felt like mentioning it before it got out of hand
Here's the cool thing about alcohol: It makes everything more fun.

I don't get drunk often, but I do enjoy imbibing every now and then.

oh, and I'm of legal age.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Deliriumbassist

different moods make for different drinking patterns. SOme nights i just say "**** my limits" and drown myself, not many atall, others i just get tipsy.

i do have self control issues with stuff though
Gear:
Quote by jables23092
And when people talk about the health benefits i find it funny. Even if they are few and speculative, people will try and use them to validate consuming something (i.e. ice cream has protein!)

you know what else has antioxidants? fruit! hell they even make tiny little antioxidant pills and all other kinds of things that, if your body needs, are great for you, no negative side effects included.

sorry that is off topic, but i felt like mentioning it before it got out of hand

Thats a good point actually...
You want anti-oxidants, drink green tea or honey! Thats got tons more anti-oxidants than you'll ever get from a glass of wine or beer. So you can't really give the excuse of health benefits for your drinking...
Page 1 of 5