Im looking for some Beginner to intermediate level songs to learn to play on guitar that are fun to play. My idea of fun to play so far is Stairway to heaven, sweet child of mine, and the solo from comfortably numb. I would also like to find some more fun tapping songs like thunderstruck. Can anyone help me out?
Play Freebird!!!
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
I CUM BL00D. H3LLZ YE4HZ. try bark at the moon.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Thunderstruck isn't tapping, it's just hammer ons and pull-offs. If you want tapping, try learning Crazy Train. Fun song to play!
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
thunderstruck ain't suppose to be tapping but I think I know what you mean...try some Black Sabbath and more Led Zeppelin solos
nice concept of "begginer" tabs!
try another day from dream theater, fun as hell
oh and ending credits from opeth
... one more, fade to black from metallica
Thanks, maybe thunderstruck isnt tapping but i think you get what I mean. Ill look into those tabs, dont think ill be trying freebird though, as I never did like that song. Thanks alot, this is really helpful. please keep em coming

Also forgot to mention, I found the beginning of Valley of the damned (Dragonforce) very fun to play as well. I like little riffs that are a little tricky to get at first, but that sound awesome when you get them.
Last edited by superjoebob at Jul 31, 2008,
Mistreated by Deep Purple, Burn by Deep Purple (although that has some crazy fast things in it) and Riff Rafff by AC/DC (which is a lot harder than it sounds).
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I'm gonna go with some British delights:
Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
Maximo Park - Books From Boxes
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I find that a lot of Rage Against the Machine songs are really fun to play. They have pretty simple but powerful riffs, don't take long to learn, and you can just crank it up and have a good time. I suggest Know Your Enemy / Bombtrack / Maggie's Farm to start
the benny hill theme or sailors hornpipe, guaranteed to annoy people
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
back in black is always fun to play ....... crazy train is also fun to play u should try those both preety easy i find at least
Do a Youtube search for Street Fighter themes on guitar. The Guile theme is amazing.
Weapons of choice-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Favorite genre-

Hard Rock
Hair Metal
Classic Metal
J-Rock

Quote by Raven_Flight
nice concept of "begginer" tabs!
try another day from dream theater, fun as hell
oh and ending credits from opeth
... one more, fade to black from metallica

I second fade to black. It's a lot of fun to play.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.