Hey, just got a Kramer with H-S-S configuration, and i was thinking of replacing the guitar pcikups because they are noisy as hell (probably because there duncans design), and they are duncan design

I really like the sound i am getting with my air norton and evo, but don't want the same pickups. I like to make this guitar my most versatile guitar. I want to get some fender cleans, and classic, hard rock, to metal. Blues and Jazz is also considered . So what do you guys think i should buy?

Just tell me what pick up. Price is flexible, but don't go to expensive, under $100 prefer, but i can go over it ifs that good....

Check out my sig, those are the pickups i got, and i don't want to buy, because it will be the same....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Jul 31, 2008,
You'll have a tough time with Fender cleans without a Fender amp.

I'd suggest SD 59/JB combo, but it seems like you already got that in one of your guitars. Thats a very versatile setup already.

Two SD 59's work suprisingly well too. Why not try the Duncan Jazz/Custom Custom?
^well its hard to find a guitar with the same pickup setup in guitar center. Do they have a way for me to check it first?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Not really. Pretty much no after market pickups are in stock guitars, except for maybe the JB/Jazz combo, and some Dimarzios.
And the Fender Noiseless, and maybe Texas Specials. Meh.

What's your guitar made of?

If you get more exact on what you're looking for, I may be able to help you.
You use your neck pickup for cleans?

BTW, I would shield your guitar, while you're at it. This will greatly reduce the hum present when using your single coils.
Well i got a kramer 610: Info in the link.

http://vintagekramer.com/company46.htm

I won't do the changing, i'll let the pro near my guitar center who visit every saturday do it for me. I'll tell him to shield my guitar if that's necessary.

This guitar is 5 way switch, plus a coil tap and a killswith thingy, its crazy. Its just shame that the pickups are bad.

I think i'll let the pro change some wiring too, and check the electronic because this thing is pretty old. But really good. It has original floyd rose II, its stay in tune as good as the OFR I.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
What do you guys think of these?

Musicians Gear Scorcher Pickup
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear-Scorcher-Pickup-100944123-i1127418.gc

Rockfield SWC Select Wound Custom Pickup
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rockfield-SWC-Select-Wound-Custom-Pickup-300093-i1169841.gc

DiMarzio DP217 YJM Guitar Pickup
http://www.guitarcenter.com/DiMarzio-DP217-YJM-Guitar-Pickup-302124-i1127629.gc

This look great for me.

The only thing i'm not sure off is the Dimarzio because i'm not sure how clean it is, i'm getting that for my clean tone (kinda warm).
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
IMHO Bare Knuckle pups are the best you can buy but you won't get them on that buget. You get what you pay for.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Don't go for the cheaper pups. if you do you might as well keep what you have.

Try this combination out.

bridge - Dimarzio Drop Sonic
middle - Dimarzio Area 67
neck - Dimarzio YJM
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
The problem with any of those single coil sized humbuckers mentioned is that they won't have the same top end sparkle as a real single coil.

Quote by angeldef
Well i got a kramer 610: Info in the link.

http://vintagekramer.com/company46.htm

I won't do the changing, i'll let the pro near my guitar center who visit every saturday do it for me. I'll tell him to shield my guitar if that's necessary.

This guitar is 5 way switch, plus a coil tap and a killswith thingy, its crazy. Its just shame that the pickups are bad.

I think i'll let the pro change some wiring too, and check the electronic because this thing is pretty old. But really good. It has original floyd rose II, its stay in tune as good as the OFR I.

Shielding is never technically necessary. But i do it to every guitar I own, and try to do it to every guitar owned by a friend. What does that tell you?
The hum reduction is a great benefit.
^So what would you recommend?

Thanx for the post above you.

Though i know they are cheap, i don't think they are bad. The reviews say they are awesome. I don't think they will be as bad as my stocks, nor will they be far away from the expensive pickups.

I really did the sound of the rockfiel, i check they website and its the tone i'm looking for. The only thing i'm not sure of is the Dimarzio, and the performer (kinda)
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Well, for the single coils, I'd recommend some kind of Smooth Grooves from rockmonkeyguitars.com. He makes great stuff, better than pretty much all of the production line stuff. Oh, he also gives a 10% discount to UGers.

For the humbucker, I usually recommend a Seymour Duncan TB-11 in the bridge, if you want to fatten it up a lot.
^Hmm, i'll think about it.

But tell me what do you think of my selections?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I'd shy away from both the Rockfield and the Musicians Gear. BTW, clips on their site mean nothing. They don't tell you ANYTHING about the amps or guitars they're using, do they? The amp matters a lot more..

And the YJM isn't a true single coil, it's a stacked humbucker. like I said, it doesn't 100% sound like an authentic single coil.
Ohh, i thought the YJM is a true single.... Dang they fool me...
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W