I'm looking to save up for a new amp..

I am currently using a Spider 2(lol) 120w .
I need something with good metal and lead tones, something under or around 1000$
Something for practicing,jamming and small gigs.

Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Believe it or not...I just bought an amp today that I really fell in love with! It's only a 100W, but it has a lot of tonal possibilties, and the distortion is phenominal...especially since it's a solid state.

Marshall MG100 HDFX

For the head + the cab, it only cost $642.

This amp actually screams like a mofo, which surprised me. The only problem I found with it (which I fixed), was the lack of heavy heavy bass in the palm mutes. I fixed this by giving it the Metallica setting:

Gain: 10
Bass: 8
Mid: 2
Treble: 8
Contour: 10
Quote by Madhur Damn
Believe it or not...I just bought an amp today that I really fell in love with! It's only a 100W, but it has a lot of tonal possibilties, and the distortion is phenominal...especially since it's a solid state.

Marshall MG100 HDFX

For the head + the cab, it only cost $642.

This amp actually screams like a mofo, which surprised me. The only problem I found with it (which I fixed), was the lack of heavy heavy bass in the palm mutes. I fixed this by giving it the Metallica setting:

Gain: 10
Bass: 8
Mid: 2
Treble: 8
Contour: 10

No.

TS,
Do you want to run a half stack or just a combo?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Prices will be different over there so I'm not sure but I'd guess that if you go secondhand an Engl Screamer would be good. If you want to go new you could look at a Laney VC30 with some pedals as a very good option or even a Spider Valve if you do a very wide range of material though personally it wasn't my thing as I much preferred the Marshall I have.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I'd say a used mesa combo, or peavey. Look into Traynors, and Laney's too, also bugera are cheaper 5150's pretty much

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker