Welll my band just cut our singer because he was really bad

the thing is we didnt do it, we got the drummer and 'new' singer to do it.

Now me and 2 other bandmates who were the original band have to see him at school everyday along with the people who cut him

the thing is we are good mates with him aswell

so any advice about how to talk to him about why we cut him?

what do i say to him in general?

also we go to a small school so its really hard 2 avoid him
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Yeah, just be honest with him.
No sense lieing and trying to get around it.
lol i didnt know you pitted delirium

just so incase u dont know me, u help me with my bass troubles
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
When I read the title, I thought you meant singer = penis.

Just tell him.
Quote by Masonpwiley

Just tell him.

You just made me laugh out loud in my basement at 2:30 am.
Thank you
Quote by Masonpwiley

Just tell him.

I thought it was a typo for finger, and that this was going to be about self-harm.
You should have said for the title of the thread to be "I Cut The Lead Vocalist From My Band"....... I thought it was a typo
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
I was hoping this would be some emo **** so I could bash the TS.

Not my lucky day, obviously.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Why put him in the band in the first place if he was that bad
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
hes not what your looking for. tell him the band would be better off the way it is and if he is a real friend he would understand whats best. im a singer and that is what i would like to here. but then again i would still be in the band cuz i also play lead guitar
Quote by BigChief84
Why put him in the band in the first place if he was that bad

think about it. your gettin a band started up you cant be too choosy. then you find an avalable singer thats better than him. so you do whats best for the band
yeah, i totally thought that was a typo for "finger"

I'd say just talk to him about it. Especially if you're gonna be seeing him that often. It'll make things less awkward.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Quote by lithiumftw
hes not what your looking for. tell him the band would be better off the way it is and if he is a real friend he would understand whats best. im a singer and that is what i would like to here. but then again i would still be in the band cuz i also play lead guitar

what he said, My old band had sucky management, the guy who ran it had 3 guitars, 1 bassist, a lead singer and no drummer, needless to say we got rid of the 3 guitar because he could really follow me and the other guitar, So the dude running it told someone out of the band and that dude told him, WELL He go pissed off this was days after we got kicked out of our old practice space....But yea what he said
Equipment Fund: $947
SAving for Marhall DSL100 Half stack

Gear
Epiphone LP Standard
Starcaster by Fender
Marshall MG30DFX
VOx Pathfinder 15R
Vox Wah
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Just tell him straight out why you cut him.

EDIT: It was also a dick move to get the new singer to do it. It should've been done by all the members of the band excluding the new guy.

He speaks truth. If the singer is your friend, you owe it to him to tell him straight out. I'd be pissed if my friends tried to beat around the bush and avoid me. In fact, they probably wouldn't be my friends cuz if that's what they did, then they'd be pussies.
Quote by sonsie
Welll my band just cut our singer because he was really bad

the thing is we didnt do it, we got the drummer and 'new' singer to do it.

Now me and 2 other bandmates who were the original band have to see him at school everyday along with the people who cut him

the thing is we are good mates with him aswell

so any advice about how to talk to him about why we cut him?

what do i say to him in general?

also we go to a small school so its really hard 2 avoid him

well first of all, you visit him in the hospital and apologize for cutting him..
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
wow he must of sucked if the whole band decided to attack and cut him. just tell him he sucked and that if he doesnt want to get shot next time he should f*** off.
ok can you guys stop makin these dumbass cutting jokes. it was kinda funny the first time
Quote by octavarium78
well first of all, you visit him in the hospital and apologize for cutting him..

no way dude. if you sit him down with the whole band youre putting him on the spot, and he'll get nervouse and piss himself. no just get who ever is closest to him in the band and have them explain. or get the person he isnt all that cool with and have them tell him so he simply channels his anger on that guy, hopefully
Quote by lithiumftw
no way dude. if you sit him down with the whole band youre putting him on the spot, and he'll get nervouse and piss himself. no just get who ever is closest to him in the band and have them explain. or get the person he isnt all that cool with and have them tell him so he simply channels his anger on that guy, hopefully

Ahahaha, read his post, mate.
I took the word "cut" in a totally different way, and I was really confused.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.