basically I'm tired of having to use different delays and having to bend down and change their settings. This guy looks like a pretty awesome alternative, but everyone seems to say it is prone to breaking way too much? Is this true?? can I get some opinions please?? I'm also considering the TC Electronics Nova Delay, so if anyone has an opinon on that, please share it as well. No thank you I do not want an original Memory man by the way.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
Would prefer a Deluxe Memory Man or MXR Carbon Copy personally.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I've never really heard of it breaking down on ppl but i do know that it's one of the best delays out there. A lot of pros use it actually...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 31, 2008,
It sounds awesome, but I had one (brand new, store bought) that broke down in just over a year. It was sometimes okay, but when it was on the fritz it was completely unuseable
MyGear;

Ibanez S2170NTF Prestige
Boss GT-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Seagull Artist Cameo Cutaway with LR Baggs i-Beam Duet
Digitech Jam Man
Presonus Firebox Audio Interface
Ohhhhhhh NOW I've gotten down to the bottom of all this breaking down in a year business. It seems that the footswitches on this thing are all mounted on the mainboard, which might mean that every time one of them is stepped on, the DL-4 is in effect, one stomp closer to its demise. Either that, or this is such an amazing pedal that all the people who own it don't want the secret of their tone to get out, so they've come up with this "it breaks down in a year" conspiracy...

its a great pedal iv had mine for 7 months and it still goon strong, just treat it carefully, its one of the best sounding delays, like you listen to the boss dd 20 and youl know the difference, and also its piss easy to use compared to say the nova delay or eventide time factor
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Horlicks, have you ever used a Nova Delay? Can you tell me some about it? it seems like a great pedal. As a Matter of fact, the only thing the DL4 really seems to have on it for me is the three footswitches, but if they have the lifespan of a housefly, I might have to go TC for what I need.

Quote by affinity_strat
Horlicks, have you ever used a Nova Delay? Can you tell me some about it? it seems like a great pedal. As a Matter of fact, the only thing the DL4 really seems to have on it for me is the three footswitches, but if they have the lifespan of a housefly, I might have to go TC for what I need.

I haven't used it but it seems more reliable and from what I've heard sounds really great. I know there are a few UG'ers who have it so you'd be better off asking them instead.
Quote by Yngwi3
Would prefer a Deluxe Memory Man or MXR Carbon Copy personally.

Trust his opinion, he's from Stowmarket. DMM = cool
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I'm sure it is. it's just that, Dare I say it, I'm not really all that into Analog Delays. I kind of like that crispness and usueability of Digital Delays.

Line 6 is very reliable for there high end stuff.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I went through the exact same phase as you. I bought the Tc Nova delay recently. Over here in Aus the nova was cheaper than the dl-4. Personally the Nova craps on the dl-4 in reliability. Sound wise i can't really say because all i have seen is videos of the Dl-4. But i would say the nova is better. One thing that really kicks is the subdivision so you can play quarter notes, dotted eight, and dual delay ( for U2 stuff) so all in all the Nova delay has much better options. Yes it is probably harder to learn but a little time will take care of that. Plus 9 Presets over 3 IMO nova win win.