Yep they probably would. What kind of pickups and guitar are you using?

Also your amp settings may affect this a little bit.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Yep they probably would. What kind of pickups and guitar are you using?

I'm using a Quad Rail Humbucker Pickup on a Kramer Striker 422-SM FR.

Quote by evening_crow
Also your amp settings may affect this a little bit.

Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that my 45 watt Marshall MG is causing much of the problem. Hehe it was my first amp and, so far, my last. I don't have the money for a new one.
try raising your pickup on the side where the volume is lower. or lower it on the opposite side
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
try raising your pickup on the side where the volume is lower. or lower it on the opposite side

+1

There should be a screw in the middle of your humbucker ring by the treble side..... Turn that to make that side go up and down. Same thing with the Bass side. The closer the pickup in general though.... (if I remember correctly) The louder and more responsive it becomes.
Quote by ESP_Shreder
+1

There should be a screw in the middle of your humbucker ring by the treble side..... Turn that to make that side go up and down. Same thing with the Bass side. The closer the pickup in general though.... (if I remember correctly) The louder and more responsive it becomes.

That's true. You'll get more "attack" but will compromise some sustain in exchange (nothing too noticeable unless you're using really high output pickups). Also like i mentioned, your settings might be affecting you a bit. Try raising up the mids.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
+1 for raising the pickup height on the treble side.that will make the strings clearer and possibly louder, or try changing your capacitor to something with a lower capacitance that filters out less treble frequencies
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Sorry, but the only option is the amp. That MG needs to be replaced.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by The.new.guy
THANK YOU! My parents don't believe me.

tell them it's a POS, and tell them it sounds dead, it could break at any moment and that it is time for a new amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.