I have a Lanky TF300 - absolutely love it to bits - but when I crank it to around 5 or 6 is starts to lose it's clarity and punchiness, not sure how to describe it. It still sounds fantastic, but not as good as it does on 3 or 4.

This amp has SS cleans and the distortion channels use a pre-amp tube.

Now, I've heard alot of people say that a DS-1 or a TS or something along those lines will tighten up the sound, but is that right?

Also, my Boss OS-2 doesn't make it sound any better, would the DS-1 be the same then, or is that just because the OS-2 is crappy?
I'm pretty sure this is a recurring thing with every Laney amp. My VH and VC both do the same thing. Just leave the volume on 3.

It's 300 watts right? Why would you want it on 6?
I think my VC sounds great cranked up. I mean the speaker farts, but im still hoping to upgrade it.

I wouldnt bother with the DS1, I find its a very fizzy trebely pedal.

SS amps just dont tend to respond well to crankage.
take the os-2 and set it to just overdrive. turn the gain all the way down and level all the way up. then i would usually adjust the gain a little bit, but i dont bring it up past like 3:00
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's 120 watts - for gigs that don't have PA's.

Thanks for your advice girls and guys, I'll try mucking around with the OS-2, using it as a boost.

The speaker I have in this is fantastic. Most gigs I play have a PA though, it's not too much of an issue.