I've been looking for an amp that sounds great but is quiet enough for the house, because thats the only place I play; and I found this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VTXL-15W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483003

It has the tone I want and obviously the price, but theres no reviews, and no demo's on youtube, just people playing solos. So I need feedback before getting this amp to make sure its good.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I haven't heard, or played it. But when I think of the word "Valvetronix" I think of the negative comments that usually follow it.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Really, I thought vt got a good rap around this forum, and if I'm wrong... *whips out huge flame shield*
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

If you like it then it's good. Thats all there is to it. Tone is just a matter of opinion. Solid state, hybrid or tube. I mean dimebag liked solid state.... a lot of people hate solid state. Whatever you like don't worry about anyone else. I think the valvetronix amps are really good practice amps. Although I wouldn't use one on stage.
the XL series are pretty muddy and horrible - the standard Valvetronix's are very good however.
Judging by the fact you chose the XL version, I assume you're into metal & high gain music? I'd choose a Roland cube instead.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I've played one and it's a decent amp, though I preferred the 30w version myself. The amp offers good models that have a genuine valve warmth to them. The XL version certainly does high gain better than the standard valvetronix range but they are still a little limited. Personally, instead of spending $170 on the Vox, I'd rather spend $175 on a Roland Cube 20X. I've tried both and while the Cube doesn't have the real valve warmth of the Vox, overall it's a much better amp for your money. The build quality is better, the effects are better and there is more variety on offer. For the money, I was reasonably impressed with the Vox but totally stunned by the Cube, it really is a fantastic amp for the money and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I think the cube is alot better also.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo