Well i have saved up about $1200 and i i have come between two guitars.

Either the american standard strat 3 tone sunburst(and put FCS 54 pickups in it)
or the musicman silhouette with two paf pros and a custom single wound.

I play pretty much everything but tend to lean more towards rock genres.Is a strat really as versatile as people say it is?

These are just some ideas im throwin around, feel free to make a suggestion.( i refuse to pay for an overpriced gibson so dont even bother with the studio, explorer, or v).

PLEASE give me some opinions on what guitar you think is better.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515748

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Silhouette-NonTremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515550
I like the look of the strat better and once you pop those new pups in it..... I've heard from gillions of people that strats are versatile and I've heard from gillions of people that FCS's kick ass so it should do you good.
strat! musicmans are flashy but the feeling and the hold of it is crap. plus it sounds like some sort of acid rock band guitar. strats can handle any sound you want
Out of those two I personally would go with the musicman, it is much more versatile than the strat which only has singles. You might want to consider one of these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/-Velocity-Electric-Guitar?sku=515823 alot better than the strat IMO and cheaper
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Godin Lg (Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton)
-Fender MIM Strat with hotrails
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Quote by lithiumftw
strat! musicmans are flashy but the feeling and the hold of it is crap. plus it sounds like some sort of acid rock band guitar. strats can handle any sound you want

ya they are dimarzio's paf pros you cant beat that.

those ones you talk about are the single coils that come stock in their guitars.
i was gonna replace the middle single coil with probably a seym dunc hot rail but mixin with a dimarzio i dunno if thats agood idea.
if you are going to go with the musicman. make sure its not a bass... no seriously. it happens alot
Hmm, I'd go with the fender strat.

Looks much better and probably overall is.
Quote by Mur
Out of those two I personally would go with the musicman, it is much more versatile than the strat which only has singles. You might want to consider one of these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/-Velocity-Electric-Guitar?sku=515823 alot better than the strat IMO and cheaper

i like the burst, thats awesome. looks likea wimpy low end ibanez tremolo though .

whats the deal with definition revoicer
Quote by lithiumftw
if you are going to go with the musicman. make sure its not a bass... no seriously. it happens alot

no man for the third time, here it is.

6 strings, paf pros.
Quote by All_Bodies
i like the burst, thats awesome. looks likea wimpy low end ibanez tremolo though .

whats the deal with definition revoicer

It allows you to switch from passive to active pickups. Based on what my local tech told me they beat any of the higher end lGs which are twice the price I might trade my freeway in for one.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Quote by Newb_Kid
Hmm, I'd go with the fender strat.

Looks much better and probably overall is.

looks are not everything. strats all look the same, there is no way to tell until you feel it and play it for yourself.

musicmans are definately a higher quality but i dont want to sacrifice that twangy strat tone and i am not going to buy 3 fcs 54's to put one in my musicman.
Quote by All_Bodies
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godin-LGXT-AA-Flamed-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=511917

those godins look like quality instruments,id get that one. if only they had better tremolos.

id probably put the fender two point trems that are on the standard on the godins.

they put some pretty bursts on thier guitars.

Im not an expert on tremolos but my Godin freeways tremolo is awesome works great. Why is it you think their bad?
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Last edited by Mur at Jul 31, 2008,
the way i see it... find some friends who play guitar. find the one you like best. and try to bargain it off them
Quote by Mur
Im not an expert on tremolos but my Godin freeways tremolo is awesome works great. Why is it you think their bad?

they just look bad, like they would just fall out of tune but like i said previously in the thread i cant judge somethin when i havent played it now?

im headin down to gc Lynnwood, washington tommorow maybe they will have on there and i will see if they can handle anything.
Quote by lithiumftw
the way i see it... find some friends who play guitar. find the one you like best. and try to bargain it off them

musicmanis a pretty rare guitar to just "find", their not an extremely popular brand.

no one ever finds the perfect guitar, its impossible, thats why you buy multiple.
you always have to sacrifice something when you buy a guitar.

if i buy the strat i scarifice a great metal/shred tone and 3 extra frets and if i buy the music man i lose th fender twang.
That strat is sexxxxxy I'm gonna get a fatty as soon as I get the cash. LOVE the sienna bursts!!

lithiumftw....you should learn to count, I think you've been ingesting too much battery acid or something.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!