Hi.Im new to this site and I totally love it.I had a question on Guitar pro.I have GP3 and I downloaded a load of tabs ( GP3 only ) from this site.While some of them opened properly,many others did not- giving a an error saying "unable to load file".Has anybody else faced this error.What would the problem be? Are there some corrupted versions of GP files floated around by those on"the other side" of the music publishing war ?
Quote by opc100
download 5.2
/thread

He needs 5.2 for opening GP3 tabs in GP3? Either Guitar Pro is even worse than I thought, or you don't know how to read.
Quote by Survivalism
He needs 5.2 for opening GP3 tabs in GP3? Either Guitar Pro is even worse than I thought, or you don't know how to read.

LOL I was just as surprised. Thanks all for taking the time off and posting,but I have gp3 and I don't intend to upgrade.I made sure the files Im talking about were gp3 files ( *.gp3 ).My question really was - are there corrupt files floating around ?
No, there aren't corrupt files.

As GP tabs get submitted on this site it automatically marks them as GP3 files even though they are GP4 or GP5 files, that's why you can't open them