Hey guys,

So I've been playing guitar for about three years now on my ****ty little Ibanez GAX which came with a 10W amp that's remarkably decent for it's size.
Anyway, I decided its time to upgrade the old axe.
My big question is; what to get? I made a similiar thread a few months ago, but since then I haven't come any closer and since its my birthday soon where I get the money to buy a new guitar from.
I was looking at a Schecter 006 Deluxe, but I'm not sure if it's suited to my grunge/pyschedelic style. Can anyone help me here, either by telling me if its right for me or what else I need to look at? My experience with this Ibanez kinda turned me off them, and I don't like Dean tones much either so they're a last resort only unless I find that there's a model there that's perfect.
but maybe the guy wants a decent guitar first, then he can buy an amp.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Firstly, I wouldn't dismiss great guitars like Ibanez on the basis of a poor quality starter package. Secondly, everyone is right and get the amp sorted first. I don't know how good you are or old you are but you need to consider where the next few years playing will take you; better home player or gigging player? You can play a gig and sound better if you have the right amp and poorish guitar but you can't do it the other way around and that is why everyone's telling you to get an amp first. Let us help you with that instead.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I'm getting a new amp for Christmas, and I'm not really gigging till next year so that's not a worry yet. My main query right now is about guitars.
My budget is about $400US (I live in New Zealand) max.
What sort of amp are you getting?

As for a guitar. I would say a MIM Strat, Epi Les Paul Standard, or a Danelectro 63 which I think is freaking awesome looking and very reasonably priced.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
if you want a new guitar get a les paul
try the lp 100
its a cheaper alternative to the standard but still sounds good
i play a bit of grunge like nirvana songs on mine and its as good as any
Thanks guys. My main interest in the Schecter was because of the adjustable pickups that can play both humbucking and single coil styles, but I also like the look of that Washburn and the Vintage V8. I've played a couple of Epiphone Les Pauls, and I don't like them much.
I maight have a look around and see if I can find those two particular models. Maybe the RG also, although I'd hope its better quality than my GAX (I'd bloody assume so).
Why does EVERYONE on here ALWAYS consider getting a Shecter?

Get a different Ibanez
Quote by shadow__666
Thanks guys. My main interest in the Schecter was because of the adjustable pickups that can play both humbucking and single coil styles, but I also like the look of that Washburn and the Vintage V8. I've played a couple of Epiphone Les Pauls, and I don't like them much.
I maight have a look around and see if I can find those two particular models. Maybe the RG also, although I'd hope its better quality than my GAX (I'd bloody assume so).

The Washburn and Schecter are good choices
I bought a 006 deluxe schecter for 500 dollars 4 years ago, and let me tell you, it still is awesome to this day.

i believe the schecter 006 is 300 now, but i can guarentee youll love it, i have a few friends with RG series ibanez and they love playing my guitar.

i cant complain.
Yeah, I think I'll be getting the Schecter because I've had a look around and I can't find a place that sells Washburn anywhere in New Zealand. I've also convinced my parents to spring for my amp now (its my birthday) so I'm gonna set up a new thread for amps.