Hey guys,
I'm interested in recabling my rig and I was thinking George Ls .155 for my pedal boards and possibly George Ls .225 for connecting my guitar to pedal board, pedal board to amp and my mod pedals to effects loop and back. Just wondering, is there better cable for the pedals to guitar etc. I'm pretty deadset on the George Ls for my pedal board. Also, can you solder the George Ls or not? So you know I'll be using Neutrik connectors for all of the cables.

Also, how long should a cable be to connect to and from my effects loop to my pedal board?
Thanks in advance guys
I have no clue what type of George Ls I use but they are awesome. I use them for just about everything now, even for connecting my keyboards to a mixer.

I'm in Melbourne aswell, can I assume you're getting them from eastgate?
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
I was gonna get them from eastgate cause I got my ibanez there and the customer service rocks, but I'm not sure how much they cost per metre (or foot or whatever) but I found some place in America that sells them for like .85c US per foot. Do you know how much they cost at eastgate?
i was gonna get the snap together ones to do my pedal board but everyone in uk at the time had sold out. so ended up getting the planet waves kits and using those. they sound really good and are great quality.
but iv heard george l's are fantastic.
as for the length from the loop to your board, just measure from your amp to were you want your board but give yourself some slack cos if your playing gigs in different places gotta take into account stuff like stage size and layout i suppose.
I use the georgel"s for my pedals, fx loop, and pedals to amp. But a regular guitar cable is much better for going from guitar to pedals. You can solder them and many do using neutrik connectors. I havent had any problems with the screw together georgel's but my rig never goes anywhere so doesnt get unplugged and plugged in alot.
First of all, don't get your hopes up too much, as I'm not sure if they deliver to australia (and if they do, postage may defeat at least some of the savings)- would be worth emailing them to ask though. also just be careful you aren't charged customs.

Anyway, I got some award session cleartone cables recently, after lots of people tried them on the bareknuckle forum. I can't recommend them enough. I haven't tried george l's, but these are noticeably better (like, the difference between stock pickups on a $200 guitar and boutique handwound pickups) than my planet waves cables which cost 2-4 times as much. they're made with neutrik jacks and van damme cable.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks aznrockerdude, that link was mightily helpful.
To Dave, I don't want to buy pre-made cables, 'cause I've already got a bunch of jacks lying around. I was just thinking of getting George Ls for the pedal board as it's a very cheap option for me and it has a great reputation with the solderless plugs. With soldered connections I can only assume that they would be even better as there is less chance of the plugs disconnecting and whatnot. So I'm going with .155 for my pedal board.
Anybody know where I can buy cable by the meter for cheap that will ship to Australia?
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's him. He likes them, but he doesn't like their solderless connectors, I believe. I'm pretty sure the solderless stuff sucks.

I would PM him, to make sure.

Ha. I don't get why he didn't list all the guitars he has though, really interesting.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by digger35
To Dave, I don't want to buy pre-made cables, 'cause I've already got a bunch of jacks lying around.

oh ok, i didn't realise that, sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok, i didn't realise that, sorry.

No need to apologize man, I can't expect you to be reading my mind, now can I?
And to forsaknazrael, I emailed them the other day but they never emailed me back Then again, if they ship to Australia, it'll probably cost an arm and a leg. But I'll still give it a shot, thanks
In terms of Australia, I got a set of George L's cables from EBay and it was fairly cheap. Get them new off EBay TS.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by digger35

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by digger35
And to forsaknazrael, I emailed them the other day but they never emailed me back Then again, if they ship to Australia, it'll probably cost an arm and a leg. But I'll still give it a shot, thanks

if you can, they're supposed to be great cables. when i build my pedalboard, i'll be using those.
I've used them before when I was at by buddy's. Way better than the Livewires and Monsters I've used. They are cheaper than most quality brands even when you consider the cost of the jacks. I plan on getting some when I upgrade my tubes and speaker and get a wah.
Does anybody have a history of bad customer service with performance audio? It's been a week and they still haven't emailed me back I guess I'll try again, but yeah that seems pretty poor to me.
I can't even find the FAQ... man I'm hopeless! It's alright, I just emailed them a shipping quote request form (or something like that) and if that doesn't get processed I can still buy George L's or Klotz La Grange cable in Australia (although they won't be close to as cheap).