E:------------

Thanks for any help,

Flow of soul
Putting it into guitar pro I get the first one
Dadd9(no5)
Second one
Dsus2(no5)
If that makes sense

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Quote by Flow of soul

e:------------
B:------7(F#)-----
G:------9(E)-----
D:------0(D)-----
A:------------

e:------------
B:------5(E)-----
G:------7(D)-----
D:------0(D)-----
A:------------

Thanks for any help,

Flow of soul

Well those are the notes, can't hear what they sound like tho due to my sig. Neither are they your regular triads. Most probably D add2 or add9.

Edit: Yes ^ for both.
Last edited by mdc at Jul 31, 2008,
I suppose they are chords. -Well the first one at least, the second is debatable being only two notes.

Eitherway, I would describe them both as "major second intervals over a D bass" rather than in terms of chord names. Especially if they are played next to each other. Effectevely what you are doing is moving some Major Second Intervals over a D bass which would give me the impression D is probably the tonic.

Given you have provided the first three notes D E F# it is likely to be some kind of D major scale. Not all the seconds in the D major scale would be major but the first two you have there would be.

That's probably a bit off topic though but viewing them as intervals over a constant bass note seems to me to be more descriptive than trying to think of complex chord names.

But if you really want to name them...The labels Imperial Throg - or his Guitar Pro came up with seem accurate enough.
But I still think they are just major 2nd intervals over a D bass rather than a chord.
Si
Ok I think I understand what your saying 20Tigers. You've helped alot.

Thanks to anyone else too who posted.